Preschool and Daycare Director
New local professional daycare located in Southern Calvert County is currently seeking an experienced and qualified director. We are looking to hire a leader, who is self-motivated, flexible, and energetic. Resumes will be accepted through March 15, 2018. This position is full-time at 40 hours per week. We are seeking a diverse pool of applicants.
As Director of our state-licensed childcare facility you would work in a creative and hands-on environment. We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership skills who is able to conduct administrative duties, create schedules, work with teaching staff to assist in developing curriculum, and manage staff members. The candidate must also be able to effectively communicate with students, parents, staff, and the community.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Must comply with licensing standards so they are met to ensure that the school maintains its license
- Manage the day to day needs of the school- supplies, equipment, custodial services, etc
- Keep records to meet state requirements
- Maintain or develop new emergency procedures for the school
- Asist staff in planning and implementing a curriculum that is age-appropriate for the children, is developmental in nature, and meets the stated purpose of the school.
- Plan and implement a program for professional growth of staff members
- Provide for regular staff supervision and development
- Recommend policies in accordance with the purpose of the preschool
- Operate within the budget and aid in the preparation of monthly and yearly budget reports
- Handle all problems related to the administration of the school
- Ensure the school reflects a environment that is appropriate for young children
- Maintain positive relationships among students, teachers, parents and community
- Maintain an active system of parent-school relationships
- Provide promotional brochures and activities and develop a plan to promote the school
- Any other duties as assigned or needed to complete the job
- Supervision of children and staff
- Developing relationships with parents
- Maintenance of safe and welcoming classroom environment
- A sense of priority in recruiting new families to the program
**Must have or able to obtain a Child-Care Center Director's Certificate.
**Ninety (90) college semester credits. Eighteen (18) of the ninety (90) credits must be in child-related courses; or thirty-six (36) months’ experience and eighteen (18) college semester credits in child-related courses.
**College Degree Preferred
**Experience in a Child Care Center
**Excellent Leadership Skills
**Computer and Administrative Skills
**Excellent Customer Service Skills
**Excellent Organizational Skills
**Must pass background check, obtain fingerprint for processing with the MD Criminal Justice Information System, and be CPR/First-Aid certified as well as have proper Director certification/credentials
If you are qualified and passionate about working with children and making a difference in their early education.
We look forward to hearing from you.
You must send resume to be considered for an interview.
- Calvert County
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!