(1) Teacher (must be Infant/Toddler certified) - FULL TIME
(1) Teacher's Aide - Various classroom assignments - HOURS NEGOTIABLE - will train right candidate
Mothers with infants to pre-school aged children are encouraged to apply. We offer reduced tuition rates for Moms!
New local professional daycare located in Southern Calvert County is currently seeking an experienced Infant/Toddler certified teacher. We are looking to hire a professional, who is self-motivated, flexible, and energetic. Resumes will be accepted through March 15, 2018. These positions are full-time at no more than 40 hours per week. We are seeking a diverse pool of applicants.
As an Infant/Toddler teacher in our state-licensed childcare facility, you would work in a creative and hands-on environment. We are looking for a candidate with strong teaching skills, as well as those who enjoys working with our little ones (6 weeks old to up to two years old). The candidate must also be able to effectively communicate with students, parents, and other staff members.
As an Aide, you would be assigned to a regular position, within the same classroom and with the same teacher. On occasion, it may be necessary to reassign, but not often.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Must comply with licensing standards so they are met to ensure that the school maintains its license
- Assist in notifying the Director of the day to day needs of the Infant/Toddler room - supplies, equipment, custodial services, etc
- Provide for regular teacher's aide supervision and development
- Assist or recommend policies in accordance with the purpose of the preschool
- Ensure the school reflects a environment that is appropriate for assigned classroom
- Maintain positive relationships among students, parents, and other staff members
- Participate in an active system of parent-school relationships
- Any other duties as assigned or needed to complete the job
- Supervision of infants, toddlers, and occasionally, other children as needed
- Developing relationships with parents
- Maintenance of safe and welcoming classroom environment
**Teacher candidate must have or able to obtain an Infant/Toddler Certification.
**Academics in childcare with at least eighteen (18) credits in child-related courses; or thirty-six (36) months’ experience and eighteen (18) college semester credits in child-related courses.
**Experience in a Child Care Center
**Computer skills are helpful
**Excellent Customer Service Skills
**Excellent Organizational Skills
**EVERYONE must pass a background check, obtain fingerprint for processing with the MD Criminal Justice Information System and the FBI, and teachers be CPR/First-Aid certified (all personnel can attend training and it is provided in center)
If you are qualified and passionate about working with children and making a difference in their early education.
We look forward to hearing from you.
You must send resume to be considered for an interview.
- Calvert County
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!