To work with a social worker as part of a service team to strengthen family functioning, enhance parenting skills and assist families in building networks in order to prevent abuse and neglect and out of home placement. To work at the full-performance level providing in-home support services that enable individuals to maintain their independence and well being. To provide transportation for customers to medical and community services while developing relationships, teaching and evaluating abilities and interactions.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience providing support services to children or adults through teaching and demonstrating practical living skills in order to promote and maintain independent living or assist in preserving the family structure.
Notes: 1. Experience as defined above or in child or adult care giving may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
2. Nine college credits from an accredited college or university in a human service program or human development program such as child development, sociology, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, criminology, juvenile justice, human growth and development, human services, or mental health may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
V. LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATES:
1. Employees appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Some positions in this classification may be assigned duties that require the incumbent to acquire and maintain a license as a Certified Nursing Assistant or a Geriatric Nursing Assistant from the Maryland Board of Nursing at 4201 Patterson Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21215. Information may be obtained at www.mbon.org/main.php. Obtaining this license within a specified time may be a condition of appointment or probation for these types of positions.
VI. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE CLASSIFICATION:
1. Family Support Workers who are working with families with dependent children must successfully complete an approved entry-level training program before being granted permanent status.
2. Employees appointed to positions in this classification may be required to have access to and use their personal automobile in order to transport clients. Verification of appropriate vehicle insurance, which shall include coverage for transporting clients, must be provided. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for the use of a privately owned vehicle.
RECRUITMENT CLOSES 1/3/17
APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE ON-LINE APPLICATION. On-Line Applications are available by visiting the website at: http://dbm.maryland.gov/jobseekers/Pages/jobseekersHome.aspx or by calling 410-767-7414, toll-free 1-800-332-6347; TTY users call MD Relay Service, 1-800-925-4434.
|Employment Sector||State Government|
|Job Field||Social Services|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||High School|
|Years of Experience Required||2|
|Wage/Salary||$28,702 - $36,715/Year w/potential to $44,812/Year|
|Start Date||Wednesday, January 18, 2017|
- St. Mary's County
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!