Provides transportation services to participants in non-commercial passenger vans.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS: (must meet requirements for employment)
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: Two years experience driving for public or private transportation system preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be able to communicate in English
· Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
· Must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate motor vehicle
· Must possess valid driver’s license with clean driving record
· Knowledge of standard traffic laws and regulations.
· Ability to bend, stoop, sit, stand, reach, twist, walk, grasp, and hold
· An individual in this position will be required to lift or carry weight in the following range: up to 50 pounds.
· The essential sensory and communicative activities include seeing, speaking, hearing, and feeling.
· Subject to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Charles County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Inc.
- Fully understands all aspects of residents’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Responsible for promptly reporting to the supervisor or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents’ rights.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for safety including universal precautions and safe work practices, reporting and/or correcting unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork
· Cooperates and works together with all co-workers
· Follows up as appropriate with supervisor regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns
· Promotes positive public relations with residents, patients, participants, family members and visitors
· Assists other team members in the performance of their assignments
· Seeks out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
· Demonstrates flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary within the department/organization.
- Complete requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes, including wearing employee identification badge in view at all times.
- Conducts daily van runs to transport participants to and from the Center, for scheduled appointments, special events, etc., and as directed.
- Inspects vehicle prior to each trip to ensure safety, including lights, brakes, tires, wheelchair lift, seat belts, etc. Reports any problems to supervisor for follow-up and repairs.
- Exhibits safe and standard driving practices when operating vehicles.
- Assists participants on and off the vehicle, and escorts them into the Center or residence as necessary.
- Assures all passengers are safely secured in the vehicle prior to departures, using appropriate restraint devices.
1. Performs other duties as assigned which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- Charles County
- La Plata
Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
La Plata, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!