Role and Responsibilities
The General Ledger Accountant will report directly to the Controller. The General Ledger Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare adjusting entries
- Record fixed asset additions and disposals, calculate depreciation for all fixed assets
- Prepare monthly and audit schedules for fixed assets and assist auditors in their inquiries
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Prepare personal property tax returns
- Review and approve all expense reports
- Prepare monthly Travel and Entertainment analysis
- Prepare critical monthly warranty analysis involving multiple variables
- Assist in the monthly financial statement compilation and of the preparation of weekly, monthly and other ad hoc financial reporting and analysis.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree or 3-5 years related experience. Other skills and qualifications preferred are reporting research results, documentation skills, promoting process improvement, managing processes, problem solving and supporting innovation. Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential. Must have strong verbal skills and the ability to communicate professionally. Candidate should have strong command of Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft excel. Qualified applicant must be professional, responsive, resourceful, flexible, well organized, and maintain a positive work attitude. Must be able to work independently, maintain complex spreadsheets and basic databases, gather and analyze information skillfully, and have the ability to make sound, timely, and accurate judgment decisions with supporting reasoning and minimal error.
For questions regarding this position or to apply, please email Human Resources at email@example.com.
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!