Sagepoint Home Care is currently hiring for CNA/GNA employees for both FT/PT position in the Tri-County Area.
Sagepoint is committed to providing excellence in rehabilitation and aging services by hiring employees that reflect our values of compassion, community, nurturing, respect, competency, and innovation. If you are interested in applying for an opportunity to work with Sagepoint Home Care, please submit an application to https://www.sagepointcare.org/openpositions
Sagepoint offers a comprehensive benefit package to eligible employees:
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement plan (403b) with employer match and immediate vesting
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Generous Tuition Assistance program
- Paid Leave, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty Leave
- Employee Leave Donation which permits employees to donate leave to fellow eligible employees facing serious illness/injury or catastrophic events
- Employee Assistance Program available to employees and their families
- Team Member Referral Program
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)" means an individual, regardless of title, who routinely performs nursing tasks delegated by the VP of Clinical Services and/or Supervising Nurse (RN).
- Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Sagepoint Senior Living Services.
- Adheres to Sagepoint Senior Living Services policies and regulations set forth by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and Md. HEALTH OCCUPATIONS Code Ann. § 8-6A-05?
- Performs work under the supervision of the VP of Clinical Services and/or Supervising RN.
- Performs nurse aides duties, not limited to: personal care of the patient (bathing, dressing, or hygiene, toileting activities and feeding), transferring and ambulation activities, range of motion exercises, vital signs (temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate, and blood pressure), and post mortem care.
- Receives direction from licensed nurses in planning and carrying out nursing aide care.
- Observes and reports to the VP of Clinical Services and/or Supervising RN, the physical and psychological condition of the patient including any changes.
- Reports safety hazards and unusual incidents involving patients, visitors or self to the VP of Clinical Services and/or The Supervising RN and to the office.
- Performs the following, provided that he/she has been trained, demonstrated competency and it is within the facility policy and state law; enemas, colostomy care, wound care and catheter care.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers
- Follows up as appropriate with administrator regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, participants, family members, and visitors
- Assists other team members in the performance of their assignments
- Seeks out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary within the organization
- Complete requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes, including wearing employee identifications badge in view at all times
- Meet on-going requirements to maintain current geriatric nursing assistant certification
- The Certified Nurse Assistant does not include the following:
- Taking or transcribing physician orders,
- preparing and administering parental medications, and
- Activities outside the Scope of Practice for CNA as outlined in the State Practice Act.
- Abide by HIPPA policies and procedures set forth by the facility, as well as current regulations governing privacy issues
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- Graduate of a Maryland Board of Education and Maryland Board of Nursing approved nursing assistant program.
- Six months experience within the past 2 years as a Certified Nurse Assistant.
- Current license with the Maryland Board of Nursing as Certified Nurse Assistant. Passing score of 85% or better on Sagepoint Certified Nursing Assistant Competency Exam.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Have valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile for work or access to adequate transportation.
- Provide TB Test that has been performed within the last 12 months by a licensed health examiner and any other health tests or immunizations as required
- (2) Professional References (from previous employer or mentor)
- Proof of current CPR Training from a certified CPR Instructor.
- Have no criminal convictions or criminal history that indicates behavior that is potentially harmful to residents, as evidenced through a criminal background check completed within 30 days before employment.
- The applicant who completed a CNA program out of state must be registered on the out-of-state nurse aide registry. The certification must be in good standing and free from any findings of patient abuse or neglect. Verification must come directly from the out-of-state registry or certification program directly to the Maryland CNA Certification.
- Consent to submit to chemical substance testing as required by Sagepoint Senior Living Services’ Drug/Alcohol Free Workplace Program.
- Participate in quarterly in-service trainings as prescribed by the VP of Clinical Services or Nursing Supervisor.
Primarily works in home environments, travel required. Shift times and days vary.
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Job Field||Health Care|
|Type of Position||Part-time|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
|Years of Experience Required||1|
- Calvert County
- Prince Frederick
Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
La Plata, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!