Tri-county, Calvert, St. Mary’s & Charles
Under the guidance of his/her direct supervisor, the Property Maintenance Junior Apprentice (PMJA) performs a variety of semi-skilled for of all properties owned or leased by The Arc Southern Maryland and its subsidiary Western Chesapeake Properties. The PMJA assists in assuring that all properties meet regulatory requirements and offer tenants and employees a safe living and work environment. The position requires limited proficiency in maintenance and expense reporting related administrative tasks.
- Assist in troubleshooting and performing minor maintenance problems/tasks. These are including but not limited to electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repairs or replacements to homes and offices; specifically, repairs and maintenance to appliances and fixtures, change locks, clogged drains, patch wall holes, plumbing fixtures, electrical fixtures, minor roof repairs, painting, power washing exterior of homes, miscellaneous carpentry repairs, minor masonry repairs.
- Assist with the maintenance of supplies inventories and order points; preparation of documents for equipment disposition and the placing of asset tags as directed by the Property & Facility Manager.
- Aid with maintenance duties such as painting, repairs to vacant units in a timely manner, enabling the units be down for a minimum period of time.
- Communicates concerns about homes to the Facility Maintenance Supervisor, appropriate House Manager or Director.
- Provides aide to staff to adapt the living arrangements of the homes to suit the resident’s needs (e.g., moving furniture, personal belongings, discarding materials).
- Participate in the semi–annual physical inventory of all maintenance tools, equipment and other assigned capital assets.
- Maintains storage and work areas in an organized safe and secure manner.
- Follow a consistent pattern when replacing such items as appliances, carpets, painting and floor tile to ensure the décor matches in colors and style.
- Support their superiors with preventative maintenance duties as outlined on the Preventative Maintenance Schedule Form for all facilities and equipment; identifies safety and fire hazards and mitigates any findings in a timely fashion.
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-3:30pm (must be able to work flexible hours depending on the needs)
-High school graduation or equivalent of apprentice program or trade school in the building trade.
-Knowledge of building trade repairs, purchasing procedures and practices, work safety requirements and general maintenance procedures.
- Attends and passes all required training for HUD related homes (National Center Management Housing (NCHM) as well as other trainings deemed requirements by the Arc Training Department
-Take the NCHM Maintenance Technical Aptitude Test (MTAT).
-Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel or similar productivity software
-Clean criminal background and Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
Please visit us at www.arcsomd.org and follow the link to complete an online application
For more information please contact Irene Belisario at 410.535.2413 ext. 111 or
The Arc of Southern Maryland Inc. promotes a drug free workplace. EOE
|Job Field||Facility Maintenance|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||High School|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!