POSITIONS: Software/Computer Engineers
LOCATION: Naval Research Laboratory, Washington DC
COMPANY INFORMATION: Alaire Technologies, Inc., located in Northern Virginia, supports the development of military electro-optical systems – including EO/IR sensor systems, spectral imaging systems and Directed IR Countermeasures (to include) requirements specification and system design. The physical work site is the Naval Research Laboratory.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Alaire Technologies, Inc. has several openings for Junior and Senior Software Engineers in a direct support role to the government at the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL).
Candidates will conduct a wide range of research activities focused on the development of imaging technologies and implementation of signal processing algorithms to enable the detection of threats targeting Naval aircraft and to support development of Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance sensors and other imaging technologies. These positions supporting the NRL afford individuals the opportunity to work with the latest hardware and software technologies. The projects are challenging and very rewarding.
Position responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering and technical expertise to the Alaire/NRL Team.
- Real-time Software Design, Development, Test, Analyze, Fix and Implementation of unique, one-of-a-kind systems for ground and airborne systems.
- Field-testing involving Naval aircraft and weapon systems
- Provide technical recommendations and support on team based projects or individual projects.
- Research and preparation of decision briefs, information briefs, point papers, status reports and analytical research publications.
- Participation in technical meetings and phone conferences.
Position will require significant dedicated time in close proximity with the client during the week. This is not a telecommuting job. It requires daily face-to-face contact with the client. Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree and/or significant design experience a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both orally and in writing).
- Must be a U. S. citizen.
- Must have an active SECRET level DOD security clearance.
- The candidate should be familiar with programming in higher-level languages such as C, C++, Java, PHP, Python and/or Matlab.
- The candidate must have experience with the Linux Operating System and Linus Drivers.
- Experience with real-time operating systems such as VxWorks a plus.
- FPGA design and programming experience a plus.
- Experience with FPGA languages such as VHDL and Verilog a plus.
- Experience with image analysis and image processing a plus.
- Solid Works capabilities a plus.
TO APPLY: Please forward resume (Word version preferred) to: email@example.com
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Wage/Salary||Commesurate with experience|
|Start Date||Monday, August 28, 2017|
- So. Maryland
- All Cities
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!