POSITION: Electrical Engineer – EO/IR Test Engineer
LOCATION: Naval Research Laboratory, Washington DC
COMPANY INFORMATION: Alaire Technologies, Inc., located in Northern Virginia, supports the development of military electro-optical systems – including EO/IR sensor systems, spectral imaging systems and Directed IR Countermeasures (to include) requirements specification and system design. The physical work site is the Naval Research Laboratory.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Alaire Technologies, Inc. has an opening for an Electrical Engineer performing in a direct support role to the government in the development of Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) systems at the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). The successful candidate will conduct a wide range of research activities focused on the development of EO/IR sensors and sensor systems used to defeat threats targeting Naval aircraft. This position at NRL affords individuals the opportunity to work with the latest hardware and software technologies. The projects are challenging and very rewarding.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Run and maintain the Directed energy InfraRed CounterMeasure (DIRCM) evaluation facility and perform system-level fight and component level field testing for advanced developmental infrared counter measurement systems for the Naval Research Laboratory. Perform system testing on the missile warning components like lasers, sensors or processing units to determine each system's functional readiness by operational specifications, and execute full integration testing on the missile warning system to test any developmental changes to the hardware or the detection, declaration and tracking algorithms. Duties will include performing system level measurements for response times, optical field of regard, tracking sensitivity for both base and line of sight motion, laser spatial profile, laser power and various pointing accuracies such as bias, jitter, handover error, installation repeatability and far-field divergence. Have the ability to operate all the required test equipment and integrated test set-ups. An abridged list of test set-ups used are:
1) Electro-Optic motion testing gimbals,
2) FTIR for spectral measurements,
3) High-speed digital signal oscilloscopes,
4) High-speed signal detectors
5) Laser power meters,
6) Optical alignment and testing equipment for focusing optics,
7) Sensor data acquisition hardware,
8) Virtual far field testing systems.
9) Have the ability to automate all systems on a Windows PC using C and MATLAB.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or comparable engineering degree from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree and/or significant design experience a plus.
· Must have excellent communication skills (both orally and in writing).
· Must be a U. S. citizen.
· Must have an active SECRET level DOD security clearance.
· The candidate should be familiar with programming in higher-level languages such as C, C++, Java, PHP, Python and/or MATLAB.
· The candidate must have experience with the Linux Operating System and Linus Drivers.
· Experience with real-time operating systems such as VxWorks a plus.
· FPGA design and programming experience a plus.
· Experience with FPGA languages such as VHDL and Verilog a plus.
· Experience with image analysis and image processing a plus.
· Solid Works capabilities a plus.
TO APPLY: Please forward resume (Word doc preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Wage/Salary||Commesurate with experience|
|Start Date||Monday, August 28, 2017|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!