Historic St. Mary’s City is looking for an Events Manager. Are you interested in working in a great location, with a great staff, interested in selling sites for weddings, corporate events, and parties? Do you long for a sense of fulfillment for a job well done and happy smiling faces? This could be your perfect fit. This is a full time state position with benefits. A full job description is available upon request.
Essential Functions including but not limited:
· Manage all activities associated with facility rentals coordinating with clients, outside vendors and appropriate museum staff to ensure operations function smoothly.
· Compile annual public events calendar working with staff to ensure all necessary information can be easily communicated.
· Work with assigned staff members organizing public events to coordinate logistics, equipment acquisition and catering needs for all public events sponsored by Historic St. Mary’s City Commission.
· Develop annual budget, revenue projections and recommendations to maximize profit margins working with the Director of Business Enterprises.
- Responsible for the development of written policies and procedures for the sales and implementation of facility rentals at Historic St. Mary’s City.
- Working with the Director of Business Enterprises and Marketing team, develop and implement a yearly promotional plan to increase facility rentals.
- Supervise assigned staff, volunteers or interns during rental events including the development of performance plans and evaluations when necessary.
- Create and maintain necessary billing and revenue reports working with the Director of Business Enterprises and appropriate financial personnel.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree; Business Administration or Communications preferred. A combination of education and work experience may substitute. The incumbent must excel at multi-tasking, be well organized, detail oriented and possess financial aptitude. Proficiency required with computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills required- prior sales experience beneficial.
Position is open until: August 31, 2017EEO
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and three references to:
Porzia Purves or via Email: email@example.com
Historic St. Mary’s City
P.O. Box 39
St. Mary’s City, MD 20686
|Employment Sector||State Government|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Years of Experience Required||5|
|Start Date||Monday, October 2, 2017|
- St. Mary's County
- St. Mary's City
Member Since: May 8, 2015
St. Marys City, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!