Assistant Director, Information Technology
The Arc of Southern Maryland IT Assistant Director needs a broad range of skills and experience, from technical knowledge and service delivery, to understanding non-profit, business practices. He or she will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The Assistant Director must solve real-world business challenges by leading change in process, systems and governance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies;
- Evaluate business needs and recommend effective technical operations, including processes optimizations, data integrations, and technology innovation, while considering the human factor for adoption and success;
- Plan and implement technical projects to meet program mission, goals and objectives to include defining and communicating project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation;
- Manage assigned technical and administrative staff, external vendors and advisors, including performance metrics of employment policies and contracts;
- Prepare and manage financial budgets and present proposals for capital investments to senior executives;
- Lead efforts to monitor, measure ad improve and mature the IT function, to include reviewing performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years of IT experience in the management and implementation of computer and peripheral systems, to include planning, specifications development, purchasing, installation, training, trouble-shooting and repair;
- Scientific Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in information systems or computer science;
- Technical certifications preferred, including Microsoft products, cloud, ITIL, security, business analyst, process mapping, data integration, project management and other professionally recognized skills enhancements;
- Service delivery experience with SaaS, IaaS and other cloud service delivery models and vendor management;
- Experience independently leading a team of diverse personalities through a project process, from conception to conclusion
- Communicates technical information verbally and in writing in laymen’s terms;
- Analytical and problem-solving, with keen attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and direct, with the ability to effectively set priorities, and either delegate or execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Track and report technical assets over time and maintain an inventory of equipment, parts and materials;
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision;
Work schedule varies based on the needs of the department must be flexible to work mornings, evenings and weekends.
CLOSING DATE: This position is open until filled
Please visit us at www.arcsomd.org and follow the link to complete an online application.
For more information, please contact Irene Belisario @ (410) 535-2413 ext. 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arc of Southern Maryland Inc. promotes a drug free workplace. EOE
|Job Field||Information Technology|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
|Years of Experience Required||3|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!