Property Maintenance Specialist
Full Time, Tri-county
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled work for the maintenance and repairs related to homes and offices of all properties owned or leased by The Arc Southern Maryland and its affiliate Western Chesapeake Properties. Ensure that all properties meet regulatory requirements and offer tenants and employees a safe living and work environment. The position is charged with prioritizing work schedule, maintain adequate and accurate records utilizing work orders and provides technical assistance to the Facility Maintenance Supervisor.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement plans to homes and offices; specifically, repairs and maintenance to appliances and fixtures, change locks, clogged drains, patch wall holes, plumbing fixtures, electrical fixtures, minor roof repairs, painting, power washing exterior of homes, miscellaneous carpentry repairs, minor masonry repairs.
- Purchase, order and pick up maintenance supplies as need to complete repairs and maintenance; processing of requisition paperwork for materials needed to complete repairs Assists with carpentry duties and makes all wood repairs
- Performs and/or coordinate maintenance duties such as painting, repairs to vacant units in a timely manner, enabling the units be down for a minimum period of time.
- Communicates concerns about homes to the Facility Maintenance Supervisor, appropriate House Manager or Director.
- Provides aide to staff to adapt the living arrangements of the homes to suit the resident’s needs (e.g., moving furniture, personal belongings, discarding materials).
- Participate in the semi–annual physical inventory of all maintenance tools, equipment and other assigned capital assets.
- Performs preventive/seasonal maintenance and makes and assessment of the needs of: safety and fire hazards, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, septic tanks, water softeners, heating and air conditioning systems
- Submits budget recommendations as noted while performing daily duties; offers justifications for proposed capital expenditures.
- Participates in meetings as requested by his/her supervisor.
- Is available for emergency calls at all hours, on a rotation basis
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-3:30pm (must be able to work flexible hours depending on the needs)
-High school graduation or equivalent of apprentice program or trade school in the building trade.
-Five (5) years of prior experience in the facility/property maintenance field.
-Pass the NCHM Maintenance Technical Aptitude Test (MTAT)
-Demonstrated knowledge of building trade repairs, purchasing procedures and practices, work safety
requirements and general maintenance procedures.
-Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel or similar productivity software
-Clean criminal background, Vehicle to tow trailer and Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
Please visit us at www.arcsomd.org and follow the link to complete the online application.
For more information please contact Irene Belisario at 410.535.2413 ext. 111 or at
|Job Field||Property Maintenance|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||High School|
|Years of Experience Required||5|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!