This is an upward mobility position. Under the supervision of the Resource Services Coordinator, the primary role of the RSCA is the reconciliation of consumers bank accounts and to assist with managing all financial and non-financial assets of assigned consumers for which the Arc of Southern Maryland are named representative payee. The upward mobility requirements includes completing the Certified Work Incentive Coordinator (CWIC) training within one year from date of hire, and completing the Housing Urban Development (HUD) compliance trainings (Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS)), (Enterprise Income Verification (EIV)), and (Management Occupancy Review Specialist (MORS)) within two years from date of hire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- ACCOUNTING FUNCTIONS
- Reviews reconciliations for all consumer accounts for whom The Arc is payee.
- Complies with all requirements established by the Social Security Administration.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly consumer statements
- Determines validity and authorization of such expenditures.
- Determines the classification of expenditures
- Reviews for resource limitations and potential problems
- Reviews documents presented for completeness, appropriate management review and integrity
- Maintains/update appropriate internal spreadsheets for consumer fees after certification process.
- Researches information as needed using the Internet.
- Maintains current signature cards for assigned agency bank accounts for which The Arc is representative payee.
- Assist with opening and closing of consumer accounts.
- Periodically verifies checking accounts for monthly deposits, check bank accounts
- Maintain filing of consumers check books and requesting new orders
- Report concerns and any discrepancies to the RSC.
- PARTICIPANT BENEFITS
- Assists in creating policies and procedures to provide governmental benefits and other resources to consumers in compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Assists in assuring that people receive the full amount of every entitled benefit (e.g., completes and submits all necessary paperwork to enroll people for new benefits completes and submits all periodic paperwork required to maintain eligibility for benefits, assists people in the appeal of unjustifiable actions, which reduce or eliminate benefits). Benefits may include SSI, Medical Assistance/Health Choice, PASS, IRWE, Section 8, etc.
- Maintains all related financial files and records.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF CONSUMER FUNDS
- Meets with government officials, private officials, professionals and others on matters regarding the consumer’s benefits/funds.
- Monitors and records all consumer income and expenditure. Ensures associated records are filled in accordance with established accounting practices. Periodically conducts a limited audit of purchased goods, accounting records, and associated procedures.
- Assures compliance with all requirements and regulations from DDA and other funding sources relating to consumer funds. Notifies supervisor of any suspected or actual deviation from procedures.
- Conducts periodic on-site monitoring of funds including but not limited to changes in staffing.
- Reconciles bank accounts and petty cash on an approved schedule.
- Fiduciary responsibility for cONSUMER’S NON FINANCIAL assets
- Assists with the physical inventory of consumers’ fixed assets
- Assists with developing procedures and assures their compliance
- Assists with annual year-end reconciliation of fixed assets
- Identifies and reports to the RSC any irregularities found during the reconciliation
- Assists with establishing methods for improving and strengthening the control over non-financial assets
- DATA ENTRY
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of the 1500s.
- Creates and maintains or oversees a master list for Consumers that includes but is not limited to program fees, rents, representative payee status, benefit sources, manager, recertification dates, current residence, etc.
- ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
o Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
o Prepares and maintains position manual
o Assists with audits as required.
o Attends and passes all assigned training
o Write memos, emails pertinent to consumer documentation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· AA degree in a related field preferred, High School Diploma, or 2-3 years of business related field.
· Two years’ proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Quicken experience is a plus.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Demonstrated knowledge of various funding sources for people receiving services (e.g.; PASS, IRWE, SSA, SSI, SSDI, Medical Assistance)
· Possesses a proficiency in computer based accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite, Quicken
· Possesses the ability to operate standard office machines
· Possess demonstrated analytical ability and skills
· Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrate knowledge of program planning, developing and monitoring
· Possess the ability to conducting training session’s
· Demonstrate excellent problem solving and decision-making
· Possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental clientele, representatives of outside agencies, County, State, Federal employees and officials, and other organizations, service providers, and consumer families.
· Use of personal vehicle to travel to various locations and a valid driving license with a good driving record.
· Must pass criminal background check mandated by the State of Maryland.
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||Associate's Degree|
|Years of Experience Required||2|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!