Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Jr. Project Assistant/Accounting Assistant in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full-Time
- Provides project analysis and assistance to a major DoD financial program.
- Gathers, analyzes and compiles project and financial data from Government customers.
- Provides internal accounting control testing and reconciliation.
- Compiles reports and briefings. Assists in drafting and preparing project deliverables.
- Supports team in implementation and acceptance process. Analyzes information and other project requirements.
- Assists Manager in reporting and tracking of project costs and level of effort.
- Performs project procedures under supervision.
Qualifications and Experience:
- One (1) year of experience providing accounting/financial support.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple critical deadlines.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with Government customers.
- DoD accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with Asset Management/Aircraft support preferred.
- Active Secret clearance required. Applicant selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- BS degree in accounting, business administration, or a related field required.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.