ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
o Health & wellbeing of people assigned-Assures a healthy, safe and nurturing environment for people with funding for personal supports.
o Health & Behavior issues-Monitors health and behavioral issues of assigned consumers. Arranges and attends appointments with medical personnel, as necessary.
o Crisis prevention & intervention-Monitors potential crisis situations, discussing incidents with authorized staff and people receiving supports, adjusting supports, and complying with regulations for reporting. Responds appropriately in emergency situations to assure safety and well being for everyone.
o Individual Plans-Develops and implements person specific planning and individualizes implementation of goals for assigned people.
o Community Involvement-Assures access to community recreation, services and support. Assists and supports people to plan, make informed choices, follows through on responsibilities. Arranges transportation for consumers for recreation, medical appointments, community functions, etc. Assist with medical appointments, light housekeeping, grocery shopping, and banking and medication administration.
o Monitors personal funds-Monitors the expenditure of personal funds of individuals receiving services.
o Advocacy-Provides information on rights; increasing awareness of self-advocacy methods and techniques; encourages and assists people to speak on their own behalf; and provides information on peer support and self-advocacy groups. Advocates for, maintains and/or obtains consumer entitlements. Assists and/or represents people when there are barriers to their service needs and enlists the support of decision makers, when appropriate, to overcome barriers to services.
o Interpersonal communication-Uses effective communication and basic counseling skills to establish cooperative relationships among the people receiving services, families, consultants and agency staff. Maintains current knowledge of the formal and informal supports available in his or her community and assists people receiving services to identify and access these supports
- Staffing-Assures staffing support that enhances and guides consumers.
o 24/7-For 100% of assigned responsibilities, responds to staff issues 24/7.
o Supervise-Supervises assigned staff by hiring, guiding, interviewing, evaluating, counseling and/or terminating upon consultation with the Director, Human Resources.
o Train-Provides on the job training and mentoring for assigned staff. Assures that all staff meet agency training requirements.
o Time & attendance-Assures the accuracy of the time and attendance system for all staff that this manager supervises.
o Substitutes for staff-Substitutes for direct service staff, as necessary, to fulfill any support duties. Because of the 24/7 nature of the responsibilities for this manager, this may be a requirement frequently.
- Financial-Implements, maintains and monitors budgets with particular emphasis on staffing line items
o Manage staffing schedules in accordance with established budgets.
o Review and approve travel and recreational reimbursements.
o Manage client’s financial assets in accordance with established control procedures.
o Maintain and secure Personal health Information(HIPPA) .
o Imprest-Monitors and reconciles imprest accounts for food and household supplies.
- Documentation-Completes, approves and/or reviews paperwork (e.g. attendance documents, IP packets, monthly summaries, incident reporting, community involvement forms, expenditure vouchers, sheets and travel vouchers.
o Service Funding plans-Develops Services Funding plans as necessary for new people or changes in people currently receiving supports
o Funding-Prepares necessary paperwork to change funding streams for assigned individuals.
o Data collection-Maintains accurate records, collects, compiles and evaluates data; submits reports; and develops a system to manage documentation.
o Incident Reports-Completes incident reports when needed as required by the State of Maryland.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigates abuse and neglect situations when requested.
- Assures that all assigned staff meets agency requirements for training.
- Provides coverage in the absence of other Managers or the Director, as required.
- Demonstrates appropriate role model behavior at all times.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Prepares and maintains position manual for the position.
- Attends and participates in staff/house meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Possesses an associate’s degree in a related field and three years of progressively responsible experience or a combination of education and experience equivalent to this requirement: supervisory experience; knowledge and understanding of IP’s, crisis management and behavior change principles.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Job requirements)
- Possesses a proficiency in computer-based software, e.g. Excel, Word and Access.
- Has a good command of the English language both oral and written and demonstrates these skills.
- Clearly express ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing.
- Possesses the ability to be forward thinking and creative.
- Ability to communicate change effectively; Build commitment and overcome resistance; Prepare and support those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Demonstrates effective communication by selecting and using appropriate communication methods.
- Demonstrate good listening and comprehension.
- Ability to keep others adequately informed.
- Is well organized and self-directed, and a team player.
- Has the ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Has a working knowledge of funding streams from DDA.
- Demonstrates effective supervisory and leadership skills.
- Has the ability and willingness to accept emergency phone calls and respond to emergencies twenty-four hours a day.
- Possesses a valid driving license with a good driving record, and access to a safe vehicle for transporting people receiving service
- Possesses the ability to pass the criminal background check mandated by the State of Maryland.
|Job Field||Developmental Disabilities Services|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||Associate's Degree|
|Years of Experience Required||3|
- Charles County
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!