This opportunity is for a full-time and part-time **Evening Shift** openings in our community.
Summary: The Geriatric Nursing Assistant assists residents with accomplishing activities of daily living for the assigned community in accordance with current Federal, State, & local standards, guidelines, & regulations.
Major Areas of Responsibility: Ensures assigned areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, & attractive manner utilizing established safety & infection control precautions, to promote a positive service experience. Acts in a professional role to promote the mission & brand promise.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Performs activities of daily leaving in accordance with individual’s plan of care.
- Observes & reports resident’s complaints, changes in mood/physical appearance while providing care and/or responding to resident call lights. Reports unusual incidents to Charge Nurse.
- Checks resident’s vital signs, weights, and skin assessment and records as instructed, and reports any variances to Charge Nurse.
- Helps to maintain highest level of bowel and bladder function by assisting with individualized bowel and bladder plans and documents in accordance to established policies/procedures.
- Provides care to ostomies and external and indwelling catheters per licensure.
- Performs resident’s individualized restorative nursing program as ordered/instructed
- Ensures that resident’s room is ready for receiving new residents; greets new residents and escorts them to room; introduces resident to roommate, if any, other residents and personnel as appropriate; provides tour of neighborhood.
- Assists residents in preparing for and transporting to and from medical appointments, activity and social programs.
- Follows established safety regulations, to include fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, blood/bodily fluids, correct body mechanics, good personal hygiene, isolation precaution procedures, all falling star interventions as posted, etc.
- Follows established safety & risk management processes & procedures. Conducts job functions safely. Maintains awareness of environment to identify potentially hazardous conditions. Immediately reports hazardous/unsafe conditions or equipment to supervisor. Complies with work-related injury processes & procedures, & reports all injuries &/or incidents to supervisor immediately.
- Contributes to CCNC culture of wellness through words/actions. Strives to set a positive example of working towards their own healthy living goals & supports wellness efforts of fellow associates & residents.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures & regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensure, Education, & Experience:
- Actively certified as a certified nursing assistant and geriatric nursing assistant in Maryland.
- Hold/maintain adult CPR certification preferred.
- HS diploma/equivalent and at least 6 months equivalent combination of experience & training which provides the required knowledge, skills, & abilities required for position.Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Below is a listing of each essential responsibility that the job holder must be able to perform satisfactorily to do the job successfully. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, writes, speak & understand the English language.
- Effectively communicate with internal/external customers to maintain a rapport.
- Possess the ability to cooperate & deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, governmental agencies/personnel & the general public while maintain personal/professional boundaries.
- Not pose a direct threat to the health/safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to cope with the mental/emotional stress of the position, including possible frequent interruptions during the day.
- Ability to meet the general health requirements as required by the community.
- Ability to safely operate equipment necessary for the position.
- May be required to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations/drills.
- Must have the ability to concentrate on details despite distractions such as telephone calls & frequent interruptions from others.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk & hear.
- The employee is often required to work on feet throughout the work day, reach, bend, & move about the community.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 20 pounds to a minimum height of 6 feet & be able to push pull, move, &/or carry such weight a
- Must be able to perform the essential physical task of lifting, turning, moving, positioning/transporting residents into & out of bed, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, recliners, Geri chairs & lifts. Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly during a work day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet & indoors. Environment may be occasionally uncomfortable (too hot or cool in residents’ rooms/public areas).
- Will work in all areas of the facility.
- Will perform several tasks at one time during working hours.
- This position will be scheduled based on operational need. May be required to work beyond normal working hours & on weekends, holidays when necessary, on shifts other than the one for which hired, & subject to call-back during emergency conditions (e.g. severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.)
- Incumbent may be exposed to virus, disease, and/or infection from clients in the work environment.
- All COMAR & agency mandatory trainings required at hire & as needed.
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Type of Position||Part-Time Permanent|
|Years of Experience Required||More|
|Start Date||Thursday, March 1, 2018|
- Calvert County
- Prince Frederick
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!