Web Application Developer
(Job Number: 180007.MD.Web Developer.NAVAIR)
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., ( www.omnitecinc.com ) provides IT architecture, web-application solutions, strategic management, training & development and acquisition program management & process improvement support to senior Navy officials at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Lexington Park, MD, 20653.
Note #1: either an active Secret clearance or one that has expired within 24 months which can be re-activated is required!
Note #2: While our first preference is to hire local, relocation support is potentially available for the right candidate.
We seek a Senior Web Application Developer with strong front-end as well as excellent SQL/database skills to provide our NAVAIR customer with web application development and web support.
Why is this a cool opportunity?
We add real value by improving our DoD’s program management practices supporting the Navy Warfighter and taxpayers. Our customers support the buying and fielding of amazing products enabling our nation’s Navy and Marine Corp to fly into harm’s way in defense of our country with the expectation that those same systems will bring them back home safely.
In a reasonable cost of living area, close proximity to our nation’s capital, and access to camping, fishing, boating, hunting, golf and other outdoor activities sounds interesting, please take a closer look at this opportunity. Lexington Park is part of the Chesapeake Bay, the largest estuary in the United States. As one of the most productive bodies of water in the world, the estuary and its network of streams, creeks, and rivers hold tremendous ecological, cultural, economic, historic, and recreational value for the region.
Plus … this position is on a Compressed Work Schedule/CWS, meaning you’ll have the option to work 9 work days, and then get every other Friday off. You have the potential for 20+ Fridays off. Imagine what you can do with all of those Fridays off.
And …. Once you are ramped up and fully integrated, there is the potential to work remote/telecommute one (1) day per week.
What exactly will you be doing?
You will be our key person for the development of new web applications, maintenance of existing tools, and the creation of modules within the client’s Intranet, Internet and other Legacy applications. On some projects you’ll have the opportunity to apply creative leadership to help our client identify new approaches and technical tools.
Primary Job Responsibilities include:
- Full System Lifecycle Development;
- Architect and design relational databases via advanced comprehension of T-SQL, stored procedures, functions, views and triggers;
- Design graphical user interfaces and reports that contain graphs/charts;
- Train team members and end-users.
- A four-year degree is preferred, but 8 years of relevant technical experience will be considered in lieu of a degree;
- 5+ years of OOP Web Application Development/Programming. While some Cold Fusion development preferred, coding experience with ".Net" ( C# and VB.Net ) and/or PHP, Python, JAVA, etc will be considered;
- MS SQL Server, including advanced comprehension of T-SQL, stored procedures, functions, views and triggers;
- Comfortable presenting within group settings;
- Ability to multitask & work independently;
- An active Secret clearance or one expired within the last 24 months;
- Ability to work full time on-site in Lexington Park, MD.
- Knowledge of XML/RSS and serialized data formats;
- Knowledge of Zing Charts & SharePoint;
- Project and Task management experience;
- Database Administration;
Please apply via this web site or via: http://omnitecinc.applytojob.com/apply/
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.