The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing the general accounting and finance functions of the company. This position requires access and exposure to company proprietary and personnel information, as well as information from other companies. Information is to be protected and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- Oversee/participate in the operations of all accounting functions. Ensure accounting support is maintained for accounts payable/receivable, general ledger, reconciliations, billings, monthly and year end closing, purchasing requests, expense reports, timekeeping and payroll.
- Maintain a system of accounting policies and controls to mitigate risk, enhance accuracy and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) cost accounting standards, ensure compliance with local, state and federal government and government contracting reporting and tax filing requirements.
- Prepare and review vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and other records.
- Prepare government and commercial invoicing.
- Monitor accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Process payroll and payroll related liabilities.
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements.
- Prepare required governmental reports and respond to inquiries.
- Prepare financial data for outside preparation of Tax Returns and Incurred Cost Submissions.
- Prepare cost proposals for contract solicitations.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures. Revises policies and procedures as required.
- Ensure organizational compliance with established financial policies and procedures.
- Advise management on matters of fiscal importance.
- Other duties as assigned.
The accounting manager is responsible for the direction, monitoring, evaluation and management of the accounting staff and also participates in the hiring of new employees.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting system
- Experience with Government Contracts
- Familiarity with government accounting systems (i.e., WAWF/IRAPT)
- CPA designation
All candidates are subject to a background check and must sign the required Confidentiality Agreement. References required.
Pioneering Decisive Solutions, Inc. (PIDESO) is an EEO/AA/ADA employer.
We participate in E-Verify.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Years of Experience Required||8|
- St. Mary's County
Member Since: Apr 6, 2018
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!