Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Technical Writer in Saint Inigoes, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full -Time
- Develops, writes, and edits material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of communication equipment, receives assignment from supervisor, observes production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Interviews engineering personnel and reads journals, reports, and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods, and reviews manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to integration, testing, operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail, organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology; and reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Performs the following tasks: maintain records and files of work and revisions, select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material; assist in laying out material for publication, arrange for typing, duplication and distribution of material, write speeches, articles, and public or employee relations releases, edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by engineers and management.
- Specialize in writing material regarding work SOPs and ISO methods and procedures.
- Develops, drafts, revises, and edits reports, articles, manuals, specifications, presentation materials, and other technical documents.
- Uses rough outlines and resource materials, and interprets information obtained through research or provided by technical specialists.
- Applies knowledge of military documentation content and format standards to prepare, edit and publish technical materials.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience with technical writing
- Experience auditing to QMS systems in engineering product development organizations
- Experience with coordinating annual certification audit
- Knowledge of engineering, product development, validation, inspection, and quality control processes
- Knowledge of quality management systems, computers, PowerPoints, spreadsheets, Word documents, document control software, CARS & SARS
Must be eligible to obtain a secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
High school diploma or GED.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.