Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information: This position will serve as Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer for the Advanced Dynamic Measurement System (ADAMS) Team at the Atlantic Test Range (ATR), Patuxent River, MD. As part of a larger test team the RCS Engineer will support ADAMS by performing RF operations, maintenance and designing upgrades to the radar. As a key team member the RF Engineer will help to guide and shape current and future DoD Radar cross section capabilities.
- Perform operations, maintenance, and repair of radar systems to include transmitter (solid state and TWT), exciter and receiver.
- Develop, implement and test changes to the RF systems and associated instrumentation.
- Coordinate with Team Lead and work with the engineering team to support upgrades to the radar to meet data requirements.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to radar and operational processes.
- Actively participate in Range Certification efforts.
- Provide other support, as required, as defined by the ASAM Branch Head and/or the ADAMS Team Lead.
- At least 4 years’ experience associated with engineering functions related to development, test, or evaluation of instrumentation systems is required.
- Candidate must be familiar with and demonstrate a basic knowledge of general purpose and RF laboratory test equipment, including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, Volt/Ohm meters, power supplies and signal generators.
- Proficiency in MATLAB desired.
- Should be able to support a dynamic work schedule and some travel will be required.
· All candidates will be required to pass Drug Screenings
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
· A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from a school of engineering having at least one professional engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) (or in related disciplines such as physics, mathematics or computer science).
· U S Citizenship required
· Ability to obtain and maintain US DoD Secret Security clearance, throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
· Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
· Tuition and training assistance program
· Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
· Mobile phone service discount / Discounted Gym MembershipsWork Conditions:
Conditions will vary. This position requires both laboratory and field work and candidates will often be required to work outdoors on elevated platforms and be capable of frequent stair climbing, with and without equipment. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching.
|Employment Sector||Federal Government|
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- Military Locations
- Washington Navy Yard
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!