Do you enjoy working with people? Do you like talking on the phone? Do you love finding a good deal? Do you possess the ability to negotiate? Then keep reading! We’re looking for you!
BuilderUp is a building materials supply company with two retail locations and a manufacturing location. Our mission is, “To provide structure. We will rise above the chaos in our industry and deliver the awesomeness our customers crave.” We are seeking a Purchasing Agent who is key to completing our mission at our Waldorf, MD store.
The Purchasing Agent orders all material and supplies for our stores as well as special orders requested by our customers. Our customers are tough and want their orders now! It is the job of the purchasing agent to process those orders and secure delivery in a timely manner. Communication with our suppliers is key to a successful price negotiation. There is so much information to know and the business is constantly changing, so this is a tough job that keeps you on your toes. You are always learning.
Some of the duties include:
- Daily purchasing of material and supplies
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with vendors.
- Create & maintain relationships with vendors to get the best prices and service
- Negotiate and re-negotiate prices with vendors
- Seek out new vendors
- Seek out new product line
- Expand current product lines
- Train for inside and outside sales
- Reduce chaos everywhere you see it.
Successful performance in this position will primarily be measured by having the right product, in the right place, in the right time, and with the leanest inventory level. Your success will also be measured by improving the work processes. We need you to make us better! This position is not for the faint of heart.
- Character that matches our culture is more important than job skills. We are looking for a positive attitude, reliability, professionalism, initiative, respect, integrity, and an attitude of gratitude.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with other team members, vendors and customers
- Enjoys working as part of a team to achieve goals
- High School education or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills
- Previous experience in purchasing
- Good customer/vendor relations
To become a part of our team apply now at www.builderup.com.
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||High School|
|Years of Experience Required||1|
|Start Date||Monday, May 28, 2018|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!