Calvert Hospice is looking for a dedicated, reliable, caring, proactive, and determined Bereavement Coordinator who has a passion for working with grieving children and teenagers, and their families.
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Child & Teen Bereavement Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating, and supervising bereavement services for children and teens of hospice families and the community at large. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
CHILD AND TEEN PROGRAMS
- Provide support, information, and opportunities for assessments and referrals to bereaved children and children experiencing anticipatory grief issues.
- Facilitate grief groups for children and teens in local schools and the coordination and program development of those groups.
- Provide individual counseling for children and teens.
- Provide training and education for community agencies regarding grief of children and teens.
- Manage the Bridges and Camp Phoenix programs.
- Coordinate the use and acquisition of facilities and required supplies.
- Develop and revise age-appropriate curriculum.
- Oversee volunteer facilitators and provide additional training as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison with parents, educators, clergy, and others, to identify potential participants.
- Coordinate publicity and community awareness with Communications & Volunteer Coordinator.
- Supervise the facilitation of all groups.
- Complete and maintain evaluations and statistics on attendees.
PATIENT AND FAMILY CARE
- Create patient/family-centered Plan of Care, and reviews the Plan of Care with patients and families.
- Identify education needed, and develops and implements a teaching plan for patients and families.
- Communicate effectively and coordinates care with staff, patients, families, schools, and community agencies.
- Assess for spiritual and cultural preferences of patients and families.
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to converse effectively, both orally and in writing and utilize standard telephones, computers, and cellular telephones.
- Ability to read instructions, directions, letters, memoranda, and other written materials.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable in the use of modern technologies; i.e. computers, tablets, cellular telephones, etc.
- Knowledge of EMR software systems.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to express ideas and convey information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, well organized, and a reliable team player.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work as a member of a large interdisciplinary team and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes days and may include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Master’s level degree in Social Work or Counseling program from an accredited school.
- Licensed in the State of Maryland as a LCPC, LMFT, or LCSW.
- At least 2 years of experience in Bereavement work.
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- Must be well organization and detail oriented.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License, Current Auto Insurance, and Dependable Transportation.
- Lives within 30 miles of job site (located in Prince Frederick, MD).
- Hospice experience is preferred.
Job Type: Full-Time (32hrs/week)
Benefits: PTO, 403b, option to select provided Health, Vision, Dental coverages.
In order to be qualified for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
*PLEASE INCLUDE THE BEST PHONE NUMBER WE CAN REACH YOU AT ON YOUR RESUME*
We seek applicants who share our passion, who have excellent communication and technical skills, and the desire to work as a team. If you have a passion for hospice, we would love to hear from you.
Calvert Hospice requires a drug screening, a background check, and reference checks for all positions.
Calvert Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Years of Experience Required||2|
|Start Date||Thursday, May 24, 2018|
- Calvert County
- Prince Frederick
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!