Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Mid-Level System Administrator in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full-Time
- This Position supports the DECKPLATE program as an application systems administrator for the development team and an OS level system administrator for the data center.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Coordinates hardware and software installation and provides backup recovery.
- Monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Participates in systems testing and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Follows process and documents all procedures.
- Provide SA support to multiple environments.
- Provide support to Sybase, Oracle, Tera Data, Cognos based production systems.
- Installs builds, patches and maintains CM baseline on Production systems.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least six (6) years of experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Any IAT Level II certification (which includes CompTIA Security+) is required. Candidate must have the ability to obtain the certification within 60 days.
Active Secret and SSBI clearance required.
Education: BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, Business, or Mathematics (or 12 years equivalent experience) is required.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.