MTech is seeking Part-Time Senior Account responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, DCAA/DCMA requirements and US GAAP. Position offers a flexible schedule and telecommuting options and would be ideal for a freelance CPA. Accountant would be working closely with administrative staff to review and direct A/P, A/R and payroll accounting functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Monitor and reconcile inter-company accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger.
· Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements and reports. Coordinate the preparation of annual tax returns and annual financial statement audits
· Ensure financial transactions are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and DCAA guidelines.
· Establish and maintain accounting procedures and controls and monthly accounting calendar.
· Oversee the accounting system and chart of accounts to ensure they are DCAA compliant.
· Support proposal activity and assist with pricing responses to RFP and RFQ’s.
· Coordinate with tax accounting firm, outside independent auditors, and regulatory agencies such as DCAA and oversee preparation of required items and reports.
· Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
· Assist with the development of indirect rate schedules and preparation of Incurred Cost Submissions.
· Ensure that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
· Maintenance of fixed asset records
· Oversee the implementation, documentation and maintenance of adequate and effective internal controls, and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
· At minimum, meet and coordinate with the Administrative Staff on a weekly basis for updates pertaining to the recording of financial transactions and other accounting-related items.
· Undergraduate Degree in Accounting (CPA certification preferred)
· Expert, high level knowledge of general ledger accounting functions, (both cash and accrual basis), using QuickBooks Professional.
· A minimum of 5 years of DoD government contracts accounting experience with GAAP and a solid knowledge of DCAA guidelines and FAR/DFSR cost accounting standards.
· Minimum availability of 10 hours per week.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
· Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
· Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions (Admin, Contracts, Management)
· Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a government contracting environment desirable.
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Type of Position||Part-Time Permanent|
|Years of Experience Required||5|
|Start Date||Monday, October 1, 2018|
- St. Mary's County
Member Since: Sep 14, 2018
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!