Job Title: Workforce Oversight Manager, Equal Opportunity Officer
Salary Range: Grade 18, Steps 3 to 7, $55,796 - $62,474
Opens: October 9, 2018
Closes: October 30, 2018
Summary: The Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland serves as a forum for the discussion and resolution of issues affecting the Southern Maryland Region. This position has three areas of responsibility, performing the functions of:
- One-Stop Operator (approximately 20%)
- Workforce Development Board Support (approximately 75%)
- Equal Opportunity Officer (approximately 5%)
One-Stop Operator Duties – Implementing, managing and operating the One-Stop System in the Southern Maryland Workforce Development Area under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014.
· Ensure that each comprehensive One-Stop Center and affiliate sites operate in a manner that supports the operational policies and
procedures of the Southern Maryland Workforce Development Board and WIOA.
· Facilitate the development and execution of the MOU and RSA among the WIOA partners operating at or in association with the
· Coordinate the service delivery of core and required One-Stop partners and other partners working with the comprehensive One-Stop
Center. This includes managing partner responsibilities in the comprehensive Center as defined in the MOU.
· Serve as the point of contact regarding issues pertaining to customer complaints that are substantive to the required partners operating
in the comprehensive and affiliate One-Stop Centers
· Convene quarterly meetings including all core program partners
· Advise the Administrative Entity and Board Staff on partner operational challenges and successes.
· Ensure that customer flow, customer service, initial assessment, resource room usage, tracking, and referral processes are carried out
as agreed upon in the MOU and Local Integrated Plan.
· Submit a written and verbal report on work accomplished and challenges encountered on a quarterly basis to the Southern Maryland
Workforce Development Board along with an update on the budget versus expenditures for the One-Stop Operator Agreement.
· Other duties as assigned.
Workforce Development Board Support Duties – Manage the workings of the Southern Maryland Workforce Development Board and its Committees.
Equal Opportunity Officer Duties - Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. This applies to program participants, JobSource staff, and TCCSMD staff.
Education and/or Experience
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Management, Organizational Management, Public or Business Administration, Planning, or closely related field preferred. Direct work experience on a year-for-year basis may be substituted for required post-secondary education.
· Minimum of two years related experience and/or training in workforce development.
· Experience with federal laws and regulations pertaining to the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
Special Requirements – Conditions of Employment
· Daily access to a vehicle
· Clean driving record
· Clean background check
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
· The Council is committed to providing the necessary equipment to perform this job. Employees are required to have electronic equipment provided by the Council. Employees are responsible for the equipment and replacement and will sign a form agreeing to this condition.
View detailed position description at tccsmd.org or mwejobs.maryland.gov
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com
Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland
P.O. Box 745
Hughesville, MD 20637
The Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Member Since: Sep 15, 2015
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!