Position ID: NUR-18-00372 Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA)
Bonus: FT Regular Only - $500. Sign on Bonus (Nov. 2018)
Hours: 2nd and 3rd Shifts Only
Closing Date: Open until Filled
To provide each assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors. Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Use only authorized abbreviations established by facility when recording information.
- Report all changes in the resident's condition to the Nursing Supervisor
- Report all accidents and incidents you observe on the shift that they occur.
- Ensure that the resident's room is ready for receiving the resident.
- Greet residents and escort them to their room.
- Make resident comfortable (i.e., put to bed, get water, etc.).
- Inventory and mark the resident's personal possessions as instructed.
- Assist residents with packing their personal possessions when they are being transferred to a new room, or when being discharged.
- Transport residents to new rooms or to the receiving area.
- Assist with loading/unloading residents from vehicles as necessary. Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
- Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident.
- Assist residents with daily dental and mouth care (i.e., brushing teeth/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouth care, etc.).
- Assist residents with bath functions (i.e., bed bath, tub or shower bath, etc.) as directed.
- Assist residents with dressing/undressing as necessary.
- Assist residents with hair care functions (i.e., combing, brushing, shampooing, etc.).
- Assist residents with nail care (i.e., clipping, trimming, and cleaning the finger/toenails). (Note: Does not include diabetic residents.)
- Shave male residents.
- Keep hair on female residents clean-shaven (i.e., facial hair, under arms, legs, etc.) as instructed.
- Keep residents dry (i.e., change gown, clothing, linen, etc., when it becomes wet or soiled).
- Change bed linens. Keep linens tight to avoid wrinkles from forming under the resident.
- Make beds (occupied and unoccupied).
Apply online at www.charhall.org
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Job Field||Health Care|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
|Start Date||Monday, November 5, 2018|
- St. Mary's County
- Charlotte Hall
Member Since: Feb 9, 2018
Charlotte Hall, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!