Technical Writer III (B)
PR No: 18-249
Work Location: NAWCAD Patuxent River, MD
Roles & Responsibilities: Full Time position in support of NAWCAD at Patuxent River, MD.
Responsible for writing and editing, including, but not limited to articles. Papers, reports, plans, technical manuals, etc. The writing or editing experience must clearly demonstrate ability to present information commensurate with the degree of professional authority required by the assignment. This position may require documentation and system configuration management tasks including configuration control and documentation relative to technical reviews and audits. Duties include:
· Write and edit various documents
· Will assist existing tech writer to prepare documentation such as specifications, Technical Manuals, Training Packages, Installation and removal Instructions, Statement of Work, Presentations, Capabilities Briefings, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Standards, Process Documents, Standard Operating Procedures, Templates and Forms.
· Conduct research and interviews to gather information, ensuring that documentation reflects accurate references.
· Interviews engineers, programmers, developers, subject matter experts and other team personnel.
· Review electrical and mechanical drawings, and gather information from multiple sources.
· Coordinate with authors, technical personnel, management, and reviewers to ensure that technical revisions are correctly incorporated into final documentation.
· Reviews and edits materials in terms of their format, consistency, grammar, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure, and use of appropriate vocabulary, etc.
Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Office environment. Work will include position will include 80% sitting, 5% reaching, 5% lifting 5% walking & 5% standing.
Working hours are 5:30am to 3:00pm or 6am-3:30pm. Possible flex working hours. Overtime maybe required.
Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university. An additional four (4) years specialized experience can be substituted for the bachelor’s degree requirement.
Six (6) years’ experience in administrative, professional, investigative, technical, or other work that required substantial subject matter knowledge based on other physical sciences or engineering field in addition to that required above. Demonstrated ability to analyze data and present the pertinent facts in written form.
Proficient in Microsoft Office/Share Point including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
Highly skilled computer user, to include the ability to manipulate all forms of graphics including JPEGs, GIFs, TIFFs, etc.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Possess a valid driver’s license.
U S Citizenship required and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Interim Security clearance within 45 days of hire date and maintain clearance throughout employment.
All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
All interested candidates click here to apply online:
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality. EOE M/F/V/D/SO
|Type of Position||Full Time|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- St. Mary's County
- Patuxent River
Member Since: Aug 22, 2016
Patuxent River, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!