· Under general supervision, the VPM oversees daily operation of an assigned group of van drivers. The van routes are generally during normal workings hours. The VPM without the assistance of supervisors directs and guides staff to match specific supports and interventions to the unique needs of the people receiving services; recognizing the importance of friends, family and community relationships. The VPM substitutes for van drivers, as necessary, to fulfill any support duties. The VPM ensures that activities in all location are in compliance with guidelines established by the agency and the State of Maryland. The VPM provides supervision and guidance to van drivers as assigned. The VPM should maintain cooperative professional relationships with all support team members; following ethical standards of practice (confidentiality, informed consent, etc.). The VPM is responsible to maintain adequate staffing and safety of assigned services within the established budgetary guidelines. The VPM complies with any contractual obligations with the business community. VPM will be responsible for the maintenance of all fleet vehicles throughout all three counties. Plan vehicle maintenance to comply with safety regulations. Reviews purchase requests for new and replacement vehicles. The oversight of transportation of individuals to medical appointments in our pilot project with the tri-county counsel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety Driving Training which includes training of all staff who drive an agency van.
- Assesses and schedules necessary routine and emergency repairs and inspections.
- Conducts monthly inspections of vans to assure a safe transportation program.
- Assists with the development of transportation grants, as requested.
- Maintains vehicle tracking system (include GPS monitoring and maintenance) and preventive repairs.
- Prepares reports related to the tracking system.
- Submits necessary reports in a timely manner, and maintains any and all related files and records.
- Monthly repair/maintenance reports for each vehicle
- Accident reports
- Purchase and/or sell vehicles as directed.
- Health and wellbeing of people assigned to assure a healthy, safe and nurturing environment for people receiving services.
- Address behavior issues that occur on van run.
- Crisis prevention and intervention will monitor potential crisis situations, discussing incidents with authorized staff and people receiving supports, adjusting supports and complying with regulations for reporting. Responds appropriately in emergency situations to assure safety and well being for everyone.
- Responds to staff concerns as they arise during the work day.
- Supervises assigned staff by guiding, interviewing, evaluating and counseling.
- Train staff with on the job training and mentoring for assigned staff.
- Time and attendance assures the accuracy of the time and attendance system for all staff that the VSP supervises.
- Substitutes for staff for van drivers, as necessary, to fulfill any shift.
- Develops, implements, maintains and monitors budgets with particular emphasis on staffing line items. Manages budget without creating overtime cost.
- Schedule staff to provide adequate support the individuals receiving services within budgetary guidelines.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Back up Van Driver, as needed.
- Investigates abuse and neglect situations when requested.
- Demonstrates appropriate role model behavior at all times.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Attends and actively participates in manager or departmental meetings.
- Attends and passes all assigned training.
- Prepares and maintains a position manual.
- Process bills for medical transportation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma or its equivalent
· Experience with vehicle maintenance.
· 2 years of experience in Developmental Disabilities field or in a related area.
· Ability to communicate with employees at all levels.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates knowledge of vehicle operation and maintenance and Maryland Motor Vehicle Laws.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain safe work practices/environment.
- Possesses the ability to operate standard office machines.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses basic knowledge in Microsoft Office including, Excel, Word and Access.
- Possesses language skills including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to plan, organize and maintain workflow while sustaining flexibility to deal with varied tasks and priorities.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Possesses a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and a reliable vehicle
· Must pass criminal background check mandated by the State of Maryland.
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||High School|
|Years of Experience Required||2|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!