Calvert Hospice is looking for a dedicated, reliable, caring, proactive, and determined Social Worker who has a passion for working with patients and their families.
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Social Worker assures that a variety of clinical social work interventions occur with hospice patients, families and care providers are provided in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary team. Social Worker assures that the psychosocial aspects of hospice care are addressed. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
- Create patient/family-centered Plan of Care, and reviews Plan of Care with patient/family
- Identify education needed, and develops and implements a teaching plan for patient and family Demonstrate objectivity when providing spiritual support.
- Communicate effectively and coordinates care with staff at nursing homes and assisted living facilities, and paid caregivers.
- Work collaboratively with paid caregivers.
- Understand guidelines for OR/OT/SLT.
- Assess for spiritual and cultural preferences of patient and family.
- Notify outside agencies of patient death or discharge within 24 hours.
- Demonstrate knowledge of procedures for continuous care, GIP care, and respite care.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately perform Hospice enrollment procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hospice eligibility criteria.
- Understand procedures for advanced directives and assist patient/family as needed.
- Assist with funeral planning as needed.
- Understand procedures for body donation and arranges as needed.
- Understand procedures for transfers and travel contracts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of services available to veterans.
- Demonstrate knowledge of correct procedures for assisting with placement at SNF/ALF/Hospice House.
- Understand procedures for assisting patients with medical assistance/other insurance as needed.
- Understand procedures for assisting with ambulance transport.
- Connect patients and families with other community resources as appropriate.
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to converse effectively, both orally and in writing and utilize standard telephones, computers, and cellular telephones.
- Ability to read instructions, directions, letters, memoranda, and other written materials.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable in the use of modern technologies; i.e. computers, tablets, cellular telephones, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to express ideas and convey information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, well organized, and a reliable team player.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work independently.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners as an LGSW, LCSW or LCSW-C.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Social Worker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience with conflict resolution.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Current auto insurance.
- Reliable transportation.
- Lives within 30 miles of job site (located in Prince Frederick, MD).
- Hospice experience is preferred.
Job Type: Full-Time (40hrs/week)
Benefits: PTO, 403b, option to select provided Health, Vision, Dental coverages.
In order to be qualified for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
*PLEASE INCLUDE THE BEST PHONE NUMBER WE CAN REACH YOU AT ON YOUR RESUME*
We seek applicants who share our passion, who have excellent communication and technical skills, and the desire to work as a team. If you have a passion for hospice, we would love to hear from you.
Calvert Hospice requires a drug screening, a background check, and reference checks for all positions.
Calvert Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.