The Center for Life Enrichment, has a full time opening for an Assistant Financial Officer. Under the supervision of the Fiscal Director, the Assistant will perform journal entries and prepare the monthly financial statements, prepare the general fund operating budget, analyze budget to actual activity; prepare budget amendments and respond to budget inquires. Assist in implementation of the new State of Maryland accounts receivable tracking process. This position has the potential for advancement to Fiscal Director, upon retirement of Fiscal Director.
- Prepare journal entries and the monthly financial statements;
- Prepare Payroll and all associated payables (Taxes, 401K contribution, unemployment)
- Reconcile general ledger accounts;
- Prepare general fund operating budget, analyze budget to actual activity, prepare budget amendments and respond to budget inquiries;
- Oversees accounts payable batches and certify check register as requested by CFO or in CFO's absence;
- Assist Finance Officer as needed;
- Will oversee and implement the new State of Maryland’s Accounts Receivable/Attendance billing procedure.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Highly motivated individual with proven success in fiscal management;
- Ability to think and problem solve creatively
- Strong time-management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles;
- Knowledge of relevant Federal, State and Local regulations regarding fiscal administration and management;
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts, including the preparation of financial statements (balance sheets, income statement, cash flow statement, etc) with the ability to provide meaningful analytics and recommendations surrounding those financial statements.
- Experienced in financial management and accounting in the non-profit sector a plus;
- Experience in innovative approaches to funding a plus.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications with strong command of spreadsheets;
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, rules and regulations regarding fiscal administration and management;
- Ability to supervise and motivate assigned staff;
- Follow strict deadlines and be highly organized;
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Read, interpret, and apply laws, rules and regulations;
- Gather analyze and evaluate a variety of data;
- Self motivate
- Demonstrate capacity to frame complex situations and present options;
- Provide guidance to people with a wide range of cultural backgrounds, training and experience;
- Develop strong partnerships within the Company and be comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization including extensive interaction with the Board;
- Performs other duties as assigned
Educations and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field, five years or more of progressively responsible related experience; or any combination of education and experience that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the functions of the job.
The Center for Life Enrichment is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic covered by law.
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!