Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a SQL Sever Database Administrator in Patuxent River, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full - Time
- Perform administration of SQL Server database engine, SQL Server Service Broker, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Perform database administration for SharePoint content databases.
- Ensure system availability, data integrity; monitor/troubleshoot backup and recoveries, performance, disk space, and network connectivity.
- Design and modify database objects (tables, schemas, indexes, and triggers); create/alter stored procedures and views
- Implement and operate SQL Server Services running on physical stand alone and clustered servers, and Virtual Machine environments.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in SQL Server 2008/2012 database administration required
- Experience developing database objects such as stored procedures, triggers, constraints, and indexes required
- Experience in performance tuning and query optimization required
- Security+ certification required
Active secret clearance required with the ability to obtain a top secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline is preferred.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.