Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Scrum Master in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full - Time
This position supports the DECKPLATE program as a Scrum Master for a team of software developers that are architecting and implementing solutions following Agile principles. Become part of a multi-disciplinary team that is supporting Naval Aviation Logistic IT infrastructure. Work across a portfolio of web enabled applications (ASP.net, and Java) and databases (Oracle and Teradata) that support Naval Aviation readiness.
- Gathers customer requirements; develops user stories following Agile methodologies.
- Run the daily stand up meetings.
- Conduct Sprint Retrospectives & Sprint Accomplishment meetings.
- Manage Scrum boards in Jira.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 6 years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Five to six years of technical experience required.
- Scrum Master Certification required.
- Agile Methodology experience.
- Full Life Cycle for Software Development experience including requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Experience with: Collaboration Tools (e.g. JIRA, SharePoint); CM Tools (TFS or Star Team); Help Desk Software (HEAT); Code Reviews; Databases and ERDs (Oracle, Sybase, Teradata, SQL Server); Software Development Documentation
- Familiarity with Programming Languages & Technologies including; ColdFusion; QlikView or QlikSense; ASP.NET; JAVA; ETL/Data Warehousing (Informatica); Shell Scripting; HTML; COGNOS and other Warehousing and Reporting Tools
- Experience Facilitating Government Customers or Project Team meetings.
- Experience with conducting Agile meetings: Daily Scrums, Sprint Retrospectives, Sprint Accomplishment meetings.
- Project Management experience desired.
- Security+ certification desired.
- MS project experience desired.
Active Secret and SSBI clearance is required.
BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, Business, or Mathematics is required.