Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Software Tester in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full - Time
Essential Functions: Become part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting Naval Aviation Logistic IT infrastructure. Work across a portfolio of web enabled applications (ASP.net, and Java) and databases (Oracle and Teradata) that support Naval Aviation readiness. This position supports theDECKPLATE program as a Software Tester for a team that architects and implements solutions following Agile principles.
- Develop detailed test plans and procedures for test cases/scenarios based on requirements and technical designs.
- Document and perform detailed analysis of test results and adjust test cases accordingly.
- Communicate and document test results that are inconsistent with requirements and design specifications.
- Work with technical design and development teams for issue resolution and clarification of requirements and functionality.
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing including working with users to define, document, and execute test cases.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 7 years of experience as a Tester required.
- Two years of development experience required.
- A strong background with SQL is required.
Active secret clearance required.
BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, Business, or Mathematics is required.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.