Location: Joseph W. Forbes
Employment Status: Full-Time
Compensation: $90,000.00/$43.26 per hour to
$125,000.00/$60.09 per hour
Weeks Worked: 52
Work Per Week: 40 + hours
Monday – Friday, some evenings/weekends
Opening Date: January 4, 2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
Applications Accepted By: Mail and Online
SMTCCAC, Inc. - Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 280 Hughesville, MD 20637
On line at:
Job Description: The Vice-President reports directly to the President and is responsible for: overall program management oversight and compliance, planning and evaluation, fundraising, resource development, external communications, budgeting, personnel management, program expansion, etc. The position will oversee all customer services and programs such as Head Start, Housing/Energy and Community Development, Transportation Training, etc.
Qualifications/Requirements: Master's Degree in Social Work, Public Administration or social/human services related field. A minimum of Seven (7) years of experience in a senior administrative/executive level position is required. Nonprofit sector experience is necessary. Community Action Agency experience preferred. Possess a demonstrated successful track record of administrative and program oversight. Other experience requirements include grant-writing and resource development; grants management oversight of major federal programs; budgeting and personnel management, planning, effective working relationships at the federal, state, regional, and local governmental levels; excellent written, verbal, and technology-driven communication and presentation skills; public speaking; and effective team-based leadership.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, or other software applications to retrieve data, create spreadsheets, and generate reports. Always requires an ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to work independently, plan, exercise judgement and critical thinking, organize and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner. Demonstrated ability to analyze problems/issues, gather data and information, evaluate and recommend alternative solutions. Possess communication skills to effectively and professionally convey information using tact and diplomacy with internal and external community. Clearly demonstrated team-building skills to establish and maintain good working relationships. Knowledge of budget planning and preparation. Writing and grammar skills to independently draft correspondence pertaining to the operations, policies, and procedures of various subject matters.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Participate and coordinate fund development activities.
- Prepare grant applications and proposals for funding
- Lead and/or participate in fundraising activities
- Research and identify content opportunities
- Make recommendations to the President with timelines
- Train and maintain a team of writers to help prepare and assemble application/proposal
Perform Public Relations Activities to market agency services.
- Develop and produce Annual Report and Fact Sheets.
&nb sp; - Prepares press releases and public announcements.
- Leads in the development of Agency marketing materials
- Supervises and works with staff to disseminate information via Social Media
Serve as clearinghouse for all statistical data and proposals.
- Implement proposal request process to ensure compliance with agency’s mission and priority areas.
- Tracking submission and clearinghouse approval process.
- Monitor review and rating process.
- Establish outcomes and organizational placement.
Conduct Planning Activities
- Participate in the Strategic Planning process
- Prepare Agency Community Action Annual Plan
- Conduct Community Needs Assessment as required
- Serve as Board’s Evaluation and Planning Committee as needed
- Conduct Bi-Annual Program Assessments and others as required
Develop a monthly reporting format for projects in conjunction with the President that includes:
- Agreed upon outcomes and periodic progress
- Qualitative information.
- Serves as a continuous improvement instrument.
- Produce Quarterly Report for Board of Directors review.
Ensure Monitoring and Compliance of assigned programs/services
- Supervise and evaluate staff
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Prepare and analyze programmatic reports as required
- Participate in internal and external monitoring activities
- Prepare agency programmatic reports for funding sources
Serve as a ROMA Implementer or Trainer for Agency
- Secure certification within one-year of employment
- Participate in the coordination of the Agency’s Strategic Plan
In the absence of the President sign vendor checks, grant agreements and contracts.
Attend Board of Director’s meetings and other meetings as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Years of Experience Required||7|
|Wage/Salary||90,000.00 - $125,000.00|
- Charles County
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!