Job Summary: Manages and directs all operations, activities, and personnel of the Operation and Maintenance Department to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations; manages, directs and monitors the operation and regulatory compliance of the Commission’s utility/environmental facilities and programs; performs other duties as assigned.
1. Manages and directs the operations of the O&M Department to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations;
2. Manages, directs and monitors the operation and regulatory compliance of the Commissions utility/environmental facilities and programs;
3. Manages, directs and monitors the maintenance programs for equipment, buildings, and grounds operated by the Commission;
4. Manages all personnel programs and issues for the O&M Department;
5. Prepares and /or reviews specifications;
6. Oversees the completion of a variety of contracts for supplies, services, upgrades, etc.
7. Investigates property damage and liability claims resulting from water and sewage system operations;
8. Compiles and evaluates statistical information for water and wastewater system operational trends and performance indicators;
9. Assists with the development and management of safety, training and certification programs for all Operations and Maintenance Department staff;
10. Attends meetings to monitor technical, safety and regulatory issues;
11. Develops and conducts tours and speaking engagements for various groups;
12. Increases professional knowledge through attending workshops and conferences, participating in professional associations and activities, and reading professional and local publications;
13. Develops, directs and manages customer satisfaction tracking programs to monitor and improve the quality of services provided by the O&M Department;
14. Provides input and assists in the planning, development, design and construction inspection of capital projects related to the Operations and Maintenance Department;
15. Manages the capital and operating budget for the O& M Department;
16. Prepares and presents projects and purchasing/contract awards to the Board
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission policies and procedures;
2. Ability to act as a representative of St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission to the public;
3. Expert knowledge of department practices and procedures;
4. Expert knowledge of project development and implementation;
5. Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of administrative management, and the ability to interpret them to the staff and the public;
6. Ability to review, evaluate, and initiate appropriate action on technical and legal reports, contracts, and documents concerning departmental matters;
7. Possess excellent writing skills.
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with county officials, associates, subordinates, representatives from other agencies, and the general public;
9. Ability to read and comprehend relevant documents associated with department operations;
10. Ability to effectively communicate with other staff members; ability to coordinate, advise, supervise and maintain effective working relationships with other professionals;
11. Ability to keep the relevant parties in formed of all major issues and programs and to recommend changes as appropriate;
12. Ability to prioritize and multitask
13. Ability to use available resources to research information;
14. Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records;
15. Ability to operate relevant computer systems, including hardware and software;
Education and Experience:
4. Wastewater Class 5A and Water Class 2Certifications;
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work requires no unusual demand for physical effort.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- St. Mary's County
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!