Job Summary: Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all equipment and systems in water and wastewater stations; performs other duties as assigned.
1. Troubleshoots and performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all equipment in water and wastewater systems
2. Disassemble, rebuild and reassemble motors, valves, pumps, gear boxes, etc. to rehabilitate equipment. Check out and evaluate operation of equipment after rebuild is complete
3. Performs minor electrical work in conjunction with mechanical repairs (i.e. connects/disconnects wires, investigates/corrects minor pump control problems)
4. Responds to emergency and customer complaint calls which includes standby duty
5. Requests the purchase of parts, equipment and services needed to perform repairs
6. Documents all preventive and corrective work preformed
7. Performs minor welding and cutting work to complete repairs and fabricate parts for bracing/repairs
8. Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to gain thorough knowledge of St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission policies and procedures;
2. Ability to act as a representative of St. Mary's County Metropolitan Commission to the public
3. Expert knowledge of relevant maintenance and repair practices and procedures as they relate to liquid and gas chlorination, pumps, and valves
4. Knowledge of safety regulations and established procedures for operating, repairing, removing and installing equipment/materials as well as for ensuring safety
5. Ability to effectively communicate with other staff members
6. Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records
7. Ability to wear appropriate PPE for confined space entry including respiratory gear
Education and Experience:
1. Associates degree
2. OR High School Diploma or GED, plus two or more years of related job experience
3. Class 2 Water Treatment and Class 2 Wastewater Collection certifications
4. Or equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience
5. Be eligible to obtain a Class B Maryland CDL Drivers License with Tanker and Air Brake Endorsements within 6 months.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work requires constant physical effort in the handling of heavy tools, equipment, or materials of 60 pounds or more. Work environment involves high risks with exposure to potentially dangerous situations or unusual environmental stress which require a range of safety and other precautions, e.g., aggressive human behavior, extreme outdoor weather conditions, confined work space, or similar situations where conditions cannot be controlled.
The above job description is not intended as,nor should it be construed as,exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions as sociated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- St. Mary's County
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!