Pavement Company, LLC, a commercial services provider in Waldorf, MD, seeks an energized Construction Small Engine Mechanic in our Heavy Equipment garage.
This person must be trustworthy, hard-working, reliable, with a can-do attitude.
JOB SUMMARY:Responsible for efficiently repairing, servicing and maintaining company owned construction equipment, grinders, and paint machines, etc. in the shop, and field as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Performs mechanical repairs, service, and preventive maintenance assigned.
- Inspects and insures that all equipment is properly repaired or serviced on an ongoing basis. Completes all equipment check sheets as required.
- Completes work-orders accurately and records the work performed.
- Insures that all parts, sublet labor, oil, and any other miscellaneous costs are included on the work-order.
- Maintains inventory levels of parts and shop supplies.
- Keeps track of tools and equipment.
- Informs Management of any parts that are damaged, in need of replacement, or are unsafe.
- Works in compliance with established safety policies & procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES-Construction Heavy Equipment Mechanic:
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds several times per day, unaided
- Ability to push or pull 50 pounds several times per day, unaided
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 4 hours
- Ability to bend or kneel and work with arms lifted for prolonged periods
- Welding and electronics experience required
- Ability to work around machines with moving parts and petroleum or chemical-based products, in excessive heat and cold
- Ability to wear personal protective gear is required
- Ability to display basic knowledge of DOT requirements as it relates to company fleet
- Ability to work extended or standby hours on an “on call” basis
- Must have ability to travel and stay overnight for a short amount of time depending on the project needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Must have experience in welding and metal fabrication
- Must have valid driver’s license with a good driving record. CDL is a plus.
- Must provide your own basic hand tools
- Experience operating construction equipment
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test and DOT physical.
- Must display basic computer skills.
Please e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org