Work Location: NAWCAD Patuxent River, MD
Roles & Responsibilities: Full Time position.
Functional Title: AC Wiring Technician II
This position provides aircraft instrumentation and wiring support to the Air Vehicle Modification and Instrumentation (AMVI) Facility located at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, Patuxent River, MD.
The wiring technician must have the technical knowledge to demonstrate a practical application of aircraft wiring procedures. The ability to perform soldering ad knowledge of tools and equipment required to perform required functions. This position requires the knowledge to take on more complex wiring tasks, the ability to lead other technicians and to coordinate efforts to accomplish a task. This position receives technical guidance, as required from supervisor or higher level technician. Work is reviewed for specific compliance with accepted practices and work assignments. May participate in planning for manufacturing, kitting, or repair items by determining facilities, equipment, material and number and type of personnel required. Technician may provide guidance to lower level technicians.
Performs the following functions and duties:
· Performs inspection of aircraft wiring harness, not on aircraft, using a variety of measuring devices and inspection techniques
· Read, interpret, understand apply and enforce engineering, technical, and maintenance specifications, policies, standards, and procedures to ensure the quality and safety of assemblies.
· Compiles, records, and analyzes test data and results to determine conformance to supplied documentation.
· Prepares inspection and nonconformance reports.
· Provide clear and concise feedback to technicians regarding discrepancies identified during the inspection.
· Use various hand tools and test equipment to include; multi-meters, vector network analyzers, copper certification testers, retention testers, and basic hand tools.
· Ensure that technicians follow internal procedures to include Local Processes and SOP’s
Working hours are 6am-3:30pm with some flexibility, some overtime required.
Conditions will vary. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Must be capable of lifting 50, 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum of two to six (2-6) years’ experience in performing stated functions.
Technical school training desired.
Understand and possess a working knowledge of commercial and military specifications, procedures, and standards that govern aircraft modification: SAE AS50881, NA01-1A-505-1, SAE AS4461, SAE ARP1870
Excellent written, and oral communication skills
Knowledge of inspection and Quality Assurance techniques.
Ability to differentiate wire and component color codes
Possess a valid driver’s license.
U S Citizenship required and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Interim Security clearance prior to hire and maintain clearance throughout employment.
All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- St. Mary's County
- Patuxent River
Member Since: Aug 22, 2016
Patuxent River, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!