Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Database Project Manager in Patuxent River, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full - Time
Telework potential. Must work full-time at Patuxent River for 2-3 months before telework is considered. Telework 1-2 days dependent on Government requirements.
- Provides project management and oversight to database administration technical experts supporting a large number of complex databases utilizing Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, and Sybase.
- Gathers and triages incoming requirements/tasking and assigns to the DBA staff; monitors the status of open tasking/tickets.
- Responsible for ensuring database compliance with security mandates including DoD STIGs and IAVAs.
- Create and track high-level project schedules and milestones.
- Compile and present high-level management status reports and briefings regarding the health of the database environment, project statuses, and schedules.
- Research, recommend, and implement database administration tools, techniques, best practices, and processes.
- Mentor and assist DBAs with technical tasking.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 8 years experience providing database administration
- 5 years experience supervising or leading a team of database experts
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required
- Experience providing database administration in a Government data center environment preferred.
Active TS/SSBI clearance preferred or an active secret clearance and the ability to obtain a TS/SSBI clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline is preferred.
Accessibility: If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.