Communicates with customers and schedules needed service work in the service department.
• Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
• Greet customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
• Writes up customer's vehicle problems accurately and clearly on repair order.
• Test drives the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the problem or refers to test technician.
• Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
• Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
• Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
• Establishes "promised time." Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
• Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
• Establishes customer's method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
• Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
• Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customer regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
• Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
• Ensures that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Makes sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly.
• Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up-to-date.
• Explains completed work and all charges to customers.
• Implements a quality control process to eliminate comebacks.
• Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**Must have 3-5 years of experience
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
|Years of Experience Required||3|
- St. Mary's County
- Lexington Park
Member Since: Aug 11, 2017
Lexington Park, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!