Licensed Behavior Analyst
- To provide professionally guided support to clients, families and providers served by BSS in situations where significant behavioral risks are observed that are beyond the capacity of the immediate support network to address in a safe manner. The LBA,LCSW-C,LCPC, PA, Emergency Coordinator will serve as a temporary on-site liaison between the client, and the client’s support network with the goal of improving safety and facilitating the implementation of appropriate and minimally restrictive behavioral strategies to address unsafe behaviors. Though the position is funded through a contract, it is a position of The Arc of Southern Maryland and is thereby expected to adhere to any and all of the guidelines, practices and policies of The Arc of Southern Maryland. The position will provide coordination of behavior plans and emergencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Onsite record review and observation.
· Development and review of assessments andbehavior management plans.
· Collection and analysis of behavioral data.
· Train/monitor implementation of behavior management plans.
· Varied/Flexible work schedule with hours based on clinical need.
· Work on-call shift on a rotating basis.(on call counties to include Prince George’s, Montgomery, Charles, St. Mary’s, and Calvert)
· Be knowledgeable of appropriate resources available to caregivers.
· Maintain and document contacts with outside liaisons.
· Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide quality services.
· Works cooperatively with teammembers and the designated service provider to provide immediate and specifically tailored emergency services to the individual in crisis by:
1) Arranging appropriate staffing training with fully trained staff.
2) Arranging funding for appropriate temporary living accommodations.
3) Arranging appropriate psychological, psychiatric, neuropsychiatry services.
4) Purchasing or arranging for emergency supplies, as needed.
- Develops and maintains an ongoing database that compiles both formal and informal supports in the two county region that are available for responding in emergency situations. Makes this information available to DDA and other interested persons.
- Assures that emergency supports are person-centered for the individual involved.
- Facilitates the development of individualized personal, behavioral and service plans designed to achieve specific outcomes based on the preferences, needs and interests of the people receiving emergency services by coordinating with the consultant or another psychology associate.
· Apply non-aversive behavior management techniques to include physical restraints in the course of behavioral management as needed.
· Coordinates and participates in meetings, training sessions, and / or consultations designed to address specialized needs (health care, behavioral) of people supported through the contract.
- Communicates regularly with families, consultants, staff from various community service providers, and the Manager regarding the ongoing needs identified during planning meetings and to discuss human and financial resource concerns and to develop contingency plans.
- Provides information related to the health care and behavioral concerns to primary physicians and psychiatrists as well as consultants or psychology associates.
- Utilizes crisis prevention, intervention and resolution techniques, matching these to particular circumstances and individuals.
· Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
· Follow agency policies and procedures.
· Maintain interdepartmental communication.
· Attend and participate in all pertinent treatment team/agency meetings, training and activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in psychology, behavior analysis, or a related field with an emphasis in behavior analysis with a minimum of two years’ experience with behavior management required. Must be a licensed behavior analyst or be able to obtain this license and able to supervise or obtain certificate to supervise registered behavior technicians. LCSW-C and LCPC must be credentialed and maintain credentialing.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possesses a proficiency in computer Excel and Word.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess or obtain BPS certification.
- Has a good command of the English language both oral and written.
- Ability to plan work, organize and maintain workflow while maintaining flexibility to deal with varied tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work in a professional mannerwith a wide variety of individuals including consultants, provider agencies, families and the public.
- Must have a valid Maryland driver’s license and reliable transportation.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS (PHYSICAL DEMANDS)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, sitting on the floor, running, lifting) as required. The employee must maintain a high energy level and a calm demeanor throughout therapeutic interventions.
· Works in a variety of environments with behaviorally challenged individuals.
Work entails walking and ability to lift over 25 lbs.
|Job Field||Human Services|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Years of Experience Required||2|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!