JOB PURPOSE (Summary)
Under the direct supervision of the Residential Manager, the Team Leader will:
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of an assigned group of people receiving residential supports in a setting that requires 24/7 supports (generally, with the exception of the time spent in employment or recreation programs during daytime hours).
- Guide staff to match specific supports and interventions to the unique needs of the people receiving services; recognizing the importance of friends, family and community relationships.
- Substitute for direct service staff, as necessary, to fulfill any support duties.
- Ensure that activities at the assigned site are in compliance with guidelines established by both the agency and the State of Maryland.
- Provide guidance to support staff as determined by the Residential Manager.
- Assist with maintaining adequate staffing, safety and program activities of assigned services within the established budgetary guidelines.
- Assist that the people assigned to him/her have access to the community, participating in activities of their choosing and making decisions that directly impact their lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Health & wellbeing of people assigned-Assures a healthy, safe and nurturing environment for people with funding for 24/7 staffing in group homes or ALUs with or without the assistance of supervisors:
o Health & Behavior issues-Monitors health and behavioral issues of assigned consumers. Assists the Residential Manager with appointments with medical personnel, as necessary.
o Crisis prevention & intervention-Assists the Residential Manager with monitoring potential crisis situations, discussing incidents with Manager and people receiving supports, adjusting supports, and complying with regulations for reporting. Responds appropriately in emergency situations to assure safety and well being for everyone.
o Individual Plans-Develops and implements person specific planning and individualizes implementation of goals for assigned people.
o Community Involvement-Assures access to community recreation, services and support. Assists and supports people to plan, make informed choices, follows through on responsibilities. Arranges transportation for consumers for recreation, medical appointments, community functions, etc.
o Monitors personal funds-Assists the Residential Manager with monitoring the expenditure of personal funds of individuals receiving services.
o Advocacy-Encourages and assists people to speak on their own behalf.
o Interpersonal communication-Uses effective communication and basic counseling skills to establish cooperative relationships among the people receiving services, families, consultants and agency staff.
- Staffing- Assist Residential Manger with assuring staffing support that enhances and guides consumers.
o Supervise-Assists the Residential Manager with guiding and counseling staff.
o Train-Provides supplemental on the job training and mentoring for assigned staff as needed.
o Substitutes for staff-Substitutes for direct service staff, as necessary, to fulfill any support duties.
o Schedules staff-Assists the Residential Manager in scheduling staff to provide adequate support for the individuals receiving services within budgetary guidelines (e.g.minimizing overtime costs).
- Documentation-Completes and/or reviews paperwork (e.g. attendance documents, House Inspections, Fire Drills, Incident reporting, and Community Involvement forms).
o Funding-Assist the Residential Manager by providing necessary information to change funding streams for assigned individuals.
o Data collection-Ensuresthat required data is being collected.
o Incident Reports-Completes incident reports and ensures that direct services staff complete initial incident reports when needed as required by the State of Maryland.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Residential Manager in assuring that all assigned staff meets agency requirements for training.
- Provides coverage in the absence of direct support staff, as required.
· Demonstrates appropriate role model behavior at all times.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
· Attends and participates in staff/house meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- One and a half years of experience in direct care field is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Job requirements)
- Possesses a proficiency in computer-based software, e.g. Excel, Word and Access.
- Has a good command of the English language both oral and written and demonstrates these skills.
- Possesses the ability to be forward thinking and creative.
- Has demonstrated knowledge.
- Is well organized and self-directed, and a team player.
- Has the ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Has a working knowledge of funding streams from DDA.
- Demonstrates effective supervisory and leadership skills.
· Has the ability and willingness to accept emergency phone calls and respond to emergencies twenty-four hours a day.
· Possesses a valid driving license with a good driving record, and access to a safe vehicle (must pass agency sponsored inspection) for transporting people receiving services.
· Possesses the ability to pass the criminal background check mandated by the State of Maryland.
Please visit us at www.arcsomd.org and follow the link to complete an online application and upload your resume.
For more information call Irene Belisario at 410-535-2413 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arc of Southern Maryland Inc., promotes a drug-free workplace. EOE
|Job Field||Developmental Disabilities Services|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||High School|
|Years of Experience Required||1.5|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!