Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Senior Unix/Linux System Administrator in Patuxent River, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full - Time
Telework potential. Must work full-time at Patuxent River for 2-3 months before telework is considered. Telework 1-2 days dependent on Government requirements.
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of UNIX-based servers
- Install and configure web and application server software
- Implement security, integration, and configuration management of software residing on servers.
- Troubleshoot server and software issues
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years Unix or Linux web/systems administration required
- CompTIA Security+ certification required
- Knowledge of DISA STIGS and Security Policies desired
- Server administration with any of the following desired ColdFusion, Tomcat, Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Application Server, and/or Apache HTTP
Active TS/SSBI clearance desired or active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SSBI. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, Business, or Mathematics preferred.
Accessibility: If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at email@example.com or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.