St. Mary’s College of Maryland at Historic St. Mary’s City is accepting résumés for the position of Assistant Director of Career Development. The Assistant Director of Career Development is responsible for overseeing the all aspects of co-curricular programming and its integration into the LEAD curriculum. The Assistant Director of Career Development collaborates heavily with the Associate Director and faculty partners. Requires working occasional nights and at weekend events throughout each semester.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience within a higher education, counseling, or career advising environment.
- Prior success managing programs in collaboration with faculty and professional staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse group of internal and external contacts.
- Proven attention to detail, organizational abilities, and management of projects and programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to work occasional nights and at weekend events throughout each semester.
Any combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position, may be considered. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Non-sectarian since its founding, St. Mary's College of Maryland, a public Carnegie Baccalaureate, Arts and Sciences institution located in Historic St. Mary's City, 70 miles southeast of Washington, D.C., has been designated as Maryland's public honors college. Undergraduate and residential in nature, with a diverse coeducational student body numbering approximately 1600, St. Mary's emphasizes excellence in teaching. The institution was awarded a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in 1997. The quality of life is enhanced by the recreational opportunities of the Chesapeake region and close proximity to the amenities of Washington D.C., Baltimore and Richmond.
St. Mary’s College (www.smcm.edu) embodies diversity and inclusion in its mission. We create an environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences and we encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to our cultural and ethnic diversity. Application materials should include a cover letter, résumé (including e-mail address), statement of how the applicant’s employment at the College will contribute to a culture of inclusion and campus diversity, and three references and be submitted online at: apply.interfolio.com/75006. Questions may be directed to Sherrie Wooldridge at 240-895-4203.
Review of résumés will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. St. Mary’s College of Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website: www.smcm.edu/hr
|Employment Sector||State Government|
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- St. Mary's County
- St. Mary's City
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!