Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Oracle Database Administrator, Mid in Patuxent River, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full - Time
- Install, configure, tune, and maintain Oracle databases
- Perform capacity planning for future hardware requirements.
- Monitor and optimize database performance/throughput.
- Review database and application server instances for DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines compliance, apply fixes, and submit mitigations.
- Perform routine backups, including use of Oracle's datapump export and RMAN
- Refresh and restore tables and schemas
- Apply security patches and bug fixes.
- Create, modify, and delete database accounts.
- Perform daily checks on database servers, confirming status of backups, file compression, and exports; troubleshoot any errors.
- Create reports to monitor database information (including statistics on schemas, tables, indexes, and space usage) and user activity (database access, login failures, application usage, and password changes).
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in Oracle database administration including installations and configurations.
- Must have experience with troubleshooting database errors.
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required
- Experience with RMAN highly desired.
Active TS/SSBI clearance desired or active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SSBI. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline is preferred.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
Accessibility: If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at email@example.com or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.