Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Senior Unix/Linux System Administrator - Telework in Patuxent River, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full - Time
Telework Potential: Must work full-time at Patuxent River, MD for approximately 3 months before transitioning to telework. Telework schedule after onboarding will be 2 days on site at Patuxent River, Md and 3 days teleworking. Telecommute/Remote eligible if greater than 50 miles from Patuxent River, MD but within the DC/MD/VA/PA/WV/DE/NJ area.
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of UNIX-based servers
- Install and configure web and application server software
- Implement security, integration, and configuration management of software residing on servers.
- Troubleshoot server and software issues
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years Unix or Linux web/systems administration required
- CompTIA Security+ certification required
- Knowledge of DISA STIGS and Security Policies desired
- Server administration with any of the following desired ColdFusion, Tomcat, Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Application Server, and/or Apache HTTP
Active TS/SSBI clearance desired or active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SSBI. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, Business, or Mathematics preferred.
**COVID-19 Procedures: On-boarding/training will be virtual and telework maximized/permitted to the greatest extent poss