Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Software Tester, Mid in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full - Time
- Analyze, document, troubleshoot, and test applications
- Develop detailed test plans and procedures for test cases/scenarios based on requirements
- Develop and maintain standard test metrics
- Document and perform a detailed analysis of test results and adjust test cases accordingly
- Communicate and document test results that are inconsistent with requirements and design specifications
- Meet with customers to gather, document, and analyze requirements
- Convert requirements into epics, user stories, or features
- Work closely with software developers to ensure understanding of and adherence to requirements
- Other duties as assigned or required
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Aviation logistics or technical role.
- Candidate must possess excellent analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience using Application Lifecycle Management tools (Jira, TFS, Azure)
- Experience testing web applications
- Desire to tackle new challenges and willingness to support helpdesk and training functions when needed as surge support. Provide technical assistance to application users. Answer questions or resolve user issues for clients in person, via telephone, or electronically
Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
A bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited through a U.S. Department of Education approved agency is preferred. Commensurate experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Accessibility: If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.