Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Data Analyst in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full- Time
Summary/ Scope: Ability to apply cradle-to-grave management of information systems requirements, including the documentation, analysis, prioritization, status reporting, and testing of business requirements. Ability to understand & translate customer requirements; acquire & integrate diverse data sets/systems; and apply custom business rules to data. Must possess functional, technical, and analytical expertise to execute workforce management, strategies, and programs using integrated data set, predictive analytics, visualizations, and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
- Gathers and analyzes data from databases, systems, reports, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Creates and updates mapping spreadsheets, and generates reports
- Translates functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Prepares reports and presentation material
- Provides functional testing of data mappings
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- 6 years of experience conducting data analysis in an IT environment
- Advanced MS Excel experience required (pivot tables, macros, VBA)
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience providing support to the NAVAIR IT organization/environment
- Experience with Business Objects, Informatica, and TOAD or similar BI tools
- Experience in/knowledge of any of the following systems: Defense Civilian Payroll Data System (DCPDS), Total Force Manpower Management System (TFMMS), Military Personnel System (NTMPS), Workload Requirements and Planning System (WRAPS), Contractor Work Plan (CWP), Exit Interview, Civilian Workload Automation Tool (CWAT), Standard Procurement System (SPS), Contractor Automation Module (CAM), Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG), HEATSM, Standard Work Package (SWP), Procurement Management Tool (PMT), Common Spend Plan Tool (CSPT)
Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
High School diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
**COVID-19 Procedures: On-boarding/training will be virtual and telework maximized/permitted to the greatest extent possible, however on-boarding/training/tasking may require on-site work a few hours per week during the current COVID-19 situation. Future on-site/telework requirements/schedules may change as additional client direction is received. On-site guidance regarding social distancing, PPE (wearing masks at all times), and proper hand-washing/sanitization procedures are followed.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
Accessibility: If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at email@example.com or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.