Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Software Developer, Mid in Patuxent River, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full-Time
- Provide support to several web-based Oracle Forms legacy Financial applications.
- Conduct troubleshooting of user issues.
- Perform data analysis/cleansing by compiling/executing SQL commands against an Oracle relational database to identify potential data issues and/or redundancy.
- Identify workarounds for front-end issues within the legacy applications.
- Learn, modify, and provide improvements for Unix scripts and cron jobs.
- Create/execute SQL scripts for customer data calls and month-end processes. Modify SQL scripts to improve performance, update for year-end processing, or to fix issues.
- Support the migration and re-engineering of legacy Oracle Forms applications utilizing modern technologies, including C# .NET frameworks, containerization, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Reverse engineer Oracle database procedures and triggers
- Convert requirements into epics, user stories, or features and input into Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Other duties as assigned or required
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years of experience providing web applications development support
- C#/.NET development experience
- Oracle, SQL, and/or PL/SQL experience
- Oracle database procedures and triggers experience desired
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) experience desired
- TFS experience desired
Active Secret clearance required. Interim Secret acceptable to start. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline is preferred.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
Accessibility: If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at email@example.com or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.