Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Agile Product Owner/Analyst in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full-Time
- Ensure that customer requirements are accurately captured, prioritized, and implemented.
- This product owner role may include, but is not limited to tasks related to:
- Participate in Backlog grooming efforts and sprint planning
- Prioritize the product backlog during the sprint planning meetings
- Coordinate and participate in requirements gathering and analysis efforts with the customer
- Perform Verification and Validation of customer requirements.
- Collaborate with the Scrum Master and Scrum team.
- Interface directly with customers as needed and provide excellent customer service
- Maintain Backlog boards in Jira.
- Other Duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 6 years of experience as a Product Owner/Project Lead/Technical Lead.
- Eight years of technical experience.
- Five years’ experience Facilitating Government Customer and Project Team meetings.
- Three years’ experience with executing and coordinating Verification and Validation testing.
- PMP certification.
- Agile Methodology experience.
- Full Life Cycle Software Development experience including requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Experience with: Collaboration Tools (e.g. JIRA, SharePoint); CM Tools (TFS or Star Team); Help Desk Software (HEAT); Code Reviews; Databases and ERDs (Oracle, Sybase, Teradata, SQL Server); Software Development Documentation
- Familiarity with Programming Languages & Technologies including; ColdFusion; QlikView or QlikSense; ASP.NET; JAVA; ETL/Data Warehousing (Informatica); Shell Scripting; HTML; COGNOS and other Warehousing and Reporting Tools
- Experience with conducting Agile meetings: Program/Product and backlog grooming
- Security+ certification.
- Product Owner Certification.
- MS project experience desired.
Accessibility: If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at email@example.com or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.
Active Secret Clearance required.
BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, Business, or Mathematics is required. Equivalent hands on experience may be substituted.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.